Can you give a movie an 'N/A' rating?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
VorpalKitten
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Can you give a movie an 'N/A' rating?

Post by VorpalKitten »

Just wondered if there was something I could put into the rating slot, like n/a or -- that would tell the system I watched it, for movies I watched a long time ago and don't know how to rate. Or maybe even to hide movies I don't want to watch ever...

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Re: Can you give a movie an 'N/A' rating?

Post by bowfinger »

VorpalSmiles wrote:Or maybe even to hide movies I don't want to watch ever...

You can "ignore" them. The button is right under the movie poster alongside "remember." They wont come up again during ranking nor as a recommendation.

Ocelot
450 Ratings

Post by Ocelot »

I'd like this for movies that I find impossible to evaluate, like The Room, Showgirls or No Holds Barred. Sometimes I'll see something so outside the bounds of reality that trying to score in on an existing scale is impossible, rendering the only acceptable review a ?

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

... or for movies you watched such a long time ago, which you do not want to rewatch and which you cannot rate for lack of good memory.

It's a very good feature suggestion.

Technically speaking, it would be easy to implement. Internally (for PSIs, TCIs, etc.) the n/a rating should be handled as if the movie had not been rated at all.

SimonJones96
0 Ratings

Post by SimonJones96 »

I like the idea. I don't rank films that I saw pre-cricker, but then again i like the idea of having criticker as a collection of every movie you've ever seen. At some point when you have lurked around criticker for long enough you'll probably be able to find about 99%

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Maybe the site owners fear that giving us the N/A rating would make us score less films (because if in doubt, we could give an N/A rating instead of a score).

But on the flipside, if in doubt we give an N/A rating instead of a score (e.g. for films seen so long ago that scoring it would amount to pure guesswork), it would make the scores more reliable as this source of distortion is curtailed, and that goal should have higher priority.