Accessible 'To Watch' List

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
philamental
55 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Accessible 'To Watch' List

Post by philamental »

For the last year or so if I come across a film I want to watch I open the criticker page of the film and click 'remember'. It gets added to my Remembered Films list and as I watch these films and rate them, they automatically remove themselves from the Remembered list.

It's perfect, with one exception. I frequently want to rewatch films and I can't 'remember' a film I've already rated unless I delete my rating/review first. This means I can't add films I've already seen to my most accessible 'to watch' list. I know I could create a private 'to watch' collection just for those films but then I'm managing two lists, and the collections aren't as instantly accessible as adding to the remembered list.

Is there a method or approach I'm overlooking to achieve what I want or should I make a feature request for the ability to 'remember' films that have already been rated?

dardan
57 Ratings

Re: Accessible 'To Watch' List

Post by dardan »

You are here longer than I am, but in the off chance you don't know about this method: you can also add films to a collection by clicking on the collections tab on a films page and then simply 'add to collection'. You don't have to go to Explore > collections > my collections > etcetera. You could also maintain one list (the collection one) and remove the remembered list alltogether.

philamental
55 Ratings

Re: Accessible 'To Watch' List

Post by philamental »

Thanks Dardan. You've actually helped me discover a suitable solution here!

I was aware of the method you mentioned but the thought of adding all 'to watch' films to a new collection and then manually removing them after I had seen them wasn't very attractive. To help make my point I was just working through that process there to count the number of actions required so I could say it was 'x' times as long as the 'remembered' method. In doing so I suddenly realised that the remembered list is actually a private collection, and so I was able to add a film I had already seen to the remembered list. To be honest, that's a perfectly acceptable solution. I can still use the remember button conveniently for films I haven't seen and they will automatically remove themselves when rated. Whereas for the minority of films I have rated but am planning to re-watch I can now manually add them to the Remembered Collection and manually remove them after I watch them. I'm happy with that :)

Thanks again, Dardan.