no more recommendations

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: no more recommendations

Post by mpowell »

Okay, we'll take another look. Sorry about this!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Don't worry, this is still on our list. It's just that nobody else seems to be having the problem, so although it's high-priority, because it's such a weird thing, there are other issues we have to address first. We'll get to it soon, though!

ssavage
0 Ratings

Post by ssavage »

I have a similar problem. Horror and animation genres don’t give me any recommendations at all. Sci-fi gives me only five movies. Overall most recommendations I get have a probable score of 80 or above, I’ve seen only a couple of 75s.

This was happening before the percentile system was introduced, so I chalked it up to me overusing those specific genre recommendations; but once the percentile system was introduced and I opted for the transition the recommendations started working again, and I was getting several movies with probable scores of 70 or above; then it reverted to the same problem I was having (no horror and animation recommendations, only a few sci-fi ones and probable scores of 80 or above).

A week ago I even reset all my rankings and re-ranked the movies hoping it would somehow reset the recommendations and generate new ones, but it did not work.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, we've had a chance to look at this. Could you check again?

ssavage
0 Ratings

Post by ssavage »

Last year I watched several horror recommendations, particularly in October; and it seems new ones aren't being generated. I only get five horror film recommendations (on the 'Create Your Own Recommendation' box): "The Fall of the House of Usher" (PSI: 80); "The Third Part of the Night" (PSI: 80); "Climax" (PSI: 75); "Suspiria" (PSI: 75) and "What Have You Done to Solange?" (PSI: 70).