Why are the majority of my top TCIs from Turkey?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Ramy
169 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Why are the majority of my top TCIs from Turkey?

Post by Ramy »

I know it's an odd question but I'm wondering. Does Criticker have a large Turkish userbase? Or do I just have similar movie tastes to Turks?

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Re: Why are the majority of my top TCIs from Turkey?

Post by paulofilmo »

Spunkie explained this one to me.

Spunkie wrote:I already told it on another topic, we followed our way from a long living forum. Some are not even using the forum anymore but still uses criticker actively (can be said for myself also). Even though you won't understand the language if you barge a little through the place you'll notice there is a large database of discussions and information on the place. A few portion of them are my friends in real, but not much of the Turkish community I have a similar taste, at least nothing noticably different than any other country I noticed here.

But there is another thing our sub community effects in criticker, as well as classics, there are abundant movies that most of us watched through interaction and synergy for years. So this probably makes some of the rare, unknown movies with more than likely number of rankings for a random crowd. Criticker in itself works the same way, I found out many movies and directors I wouldn't encounter (the latest being Ken Ichikawa :) ).

As for you Paulo, there are movies that we all know and watched in Turkish cinema that aren't normally watched by cinema going crowd...like those Zeki Demirkubuz movies only a cinephile will bother with, so your prediction may be worth checking out ;).

http://www.sinemafanatik.com/yabbse/index.php

Our admin hasn't been updating the main site for years now and hasn't even been heard of since then. But the forum lives on.

http://www.sinemafanatik.com/yabbse/ind ... ;start=405

Last noticed number of us on criticker is 38(which is only a small portion of the forum).

I think 1 of my 10 best TCIs is from Turkey. But there's something like 7 more from 11-20.

Ramy
169 Ratings

Re: Why are the majority of my top TCIs from Turkey?

Post by Ramy »

Thanks. That explains it. It's funny how similar our posts were.