Updating TCI's after switching to percentiles

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
aross
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Updating TCI's after switching to percentiles

Post by aross »

I switched from tiers to percentiles a month or so ago, and my TCI's are off. I thought I had read that they will automatically update, but it seems like my PSI's are messed up as most of my TCI's are still based off of the old tiers system. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

JonSmith
153 Ratings

Re: Updating TCI's after switching to percentiles

Post by JonSmith »

I'm not sure I understand the problem? I've read this more than once and I'm still a bit confused.

LuxNatalis
0 Ratings

Post by LuxNatalis »

I'm having the same problem. Since I switched to percentiles, it looks like my TCIs are based on the tier system, except from those of users that I have visited their profiles after the switch. That is, when I click on a user, the TCI of that user regenerates and is now correctly based on the new percentile system. That means that a more compatible user will have a higher TCI than a less compatible user, because their respective TCIs are based on two different systems.

I could obviously fix this by clicking on the profiles of all existing users, but that would be a Herculean task. :D

EDIT: I just had another look and the problem is now only in 30 or 35 users, the rest of the TCIs have correctly adjusted to the new percentile system.
Last edited by LuxNatalis on Fri May 15, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LuxNatalis
0 Ratings

Post by LuxNatalis »

Btw, I think you should move this to the "Report a Bug" section.

aross
0 Ratings

Post by aross »

Thanks, maybe that explains it better. I still appear to have 1000+ that are based on the old tier system. Not a big deal, I use the site more to track ratings than the recommendations, but just wanted to check if there is an easy fix

volvox
0 Ratings

Post by volvox »

There is same problem for me. I have switched to percentiles and it is still not updated. All PSI's have messed up. The worst part is I clicked some of my best TCI users and they have disappeared due to new higher TCI's. What is the average time of updating?

Ramy
169 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

TCI's don't update by themselves. You have to click on the user's page.