"Rocky Horror Picture Show" Remake/Cash-Grab

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

"Rocky Horror Picture Show" Remake/Cash-Grab

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Wikipedia wrote:MTV Films and Sky Movies are planning to remake The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The network is planning a 2-hour-long remake to be based on the original screenplay, and featuring songs not included in the original. The film is anticipated to be released sometime around Halloween 2009. The creator of the original, Richard O'Brien, will not be involved; he has said that while he has no view on whether it should be remade, it does not have his blessing.

Somebody get my shotgun.

Dorkovsky
836 Ratings

Re: "Rocky Horror Picture Show" Remake/Cash-Grab

Post by Dorkovsky »

Remaking cult classics completely baffles me. Who is this going to appeal to, other than curious fans of the original (who will hate it almost without a doubt)?

Grit
0 Ratings

Post by Grit »

It's a pretty short production time as well assuming that this thing hasn't already been set in progress in the background, seems like they're rushing it out solely for this year's market. I've never seen the original, but everyone knows that remaking these cult films is doomed to semi-failure at the very least. As long as the cash is flowing I suppose.

Talking of cult classics, I'm very aprehensive over the upcoming The Thing remake. I just hope they have the dignity to make a decent remake rather than a brainless splat-fest. Seeing as I love the original so much I'm not sure whether seeing it would be a good idea, but I can't say I'm not very curious to see how an attempt would turn out.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

The original, like Tim Curry, is a wild an untamed thing--that they aim to tame.

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

kyle.loomis wrote:Remaking cult classics completely baffles me. Who is this going to appeal to, other than curious fans of the original (who will hate it almost without a doubt)?

I couldn't agree more it makes no sense to remake this movie. Nobody who isn't already a fan of the original would ever want to watch a movie like this, and they are already a fan of the original why would they even want a remake. It just confuses me.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Just read they are remaking Total Recall and The Neverending Story today =(

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Pickpocket wrote:they are remaking [...] The Neverending Story

Jesus. As if the original wasn't annoying enough.

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Pickpocket wrote:Just read they are remaking Total Recall and The Neverending Story today =(

Yeah I read about that on RT isn't it neat! (heavy sarcasm) I can see the CGI version of Falcor right now like a pile of pink computer bullshit flying through the air.

The only remakes I've ever thought were better than their originals are "The Thing" and "The Fly".