To the people who actually rate out of 100

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Fuentissimo
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: To the people who actually rate out of 100

Post by Fuentissimo »

Yeah! I had developed a system a while ago and now I just stick with it. It spans from 4 - 98, I purposefully do not rate any movies 100 (it's the perfectionist in me); but instead of using every # there are only 18 values: 4, 10, 15 (terrible); 22, 28 33 (disappointing); 40, 46, 51 (good); 58, 64, 69 (very good and memorable); 76, 82, 87 (excellent); and then an upper echelon of my favorites getting 93, 95, 98. So there are basically 6 "star" categories and then I added some levels within so that I can tell if it was "barely" a 4 or "almost" a 5. It was enough for me to have a solid idea when I saw the score how I felt about it.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Just a test.

Malcym
0 Ratings

Post by Malcym »

I rate on the simple 1-10 scale, with 5/10 being ok/worth a look --- pinning everything I watch down on a 1-100 scale sounds far too much like hard work, or an exacting science for which I simply don't have the patience. I honestly have no idea how anybody can decide what makes one film a 49 and another a 50.

gabba2k7
0 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

i tried to use 100 system, but it looks like i ended up using only 75-85 ;}

i'd need more gaps :{

one the other hand i am trying not watch something i could easily consider as trash...so having films from say 7,5 [mediocre] to 8,5[awesome] out of 10 (or 75-85 out of 100.) would make sense for me. not many cases where i d go above (some favourites maybe) and below (something which pissed me off spending time on)... and if it is a film with sound, and actors, and picture - it will already be given 40-50points ...just for efforts

gogolit
0 Ratings

Post by gogolit »

out of 100 is perfectly good way, the best way, to rate I've decided, after spending years thinking it wasn't, and using out of 5 and 10. The key is to rate accurately the films that aren't good. You need a good amount of films in the 0-50/60 group. Once you do that, there really does become a clear difference to you between a 73 and a 75. You just have to rate enough movies. It all becomes relative. My predictions now can be eeirly accurate.

kgbelliveau
0 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

gogolit wrote:out of 100 is perfectly good way, the best way, to rate I've decided, after spending years thinking it wasn't, and using out of 5 and 10. The key is to rate accurately the films that aren't good. You need a good amount of films in the 0-50/60 group. Once you do that, there really does become a clear difference to you between a 73 and a 75. You just have to rate enough movies. It all becomes relative. My predictions now can be eeirly accurate.

I agree with this probably the most out of the idea of ranking out of 100. It gives you a better understanding of how you classify genres (which is where I think it becomes more affective). Say specifically you want to know that a certain Superhero blockbuster falls. Having those 60s, 63s, 67s, 74s and 81s etc sprinkled in there give long term franchises less wiggle room to drop off in quality because you are willing to score them on a point per point basis depending on how that movie stacked up.

I hope that made sense. Been holding onto that explanation for a while.