Monster's University

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Monster's University

Post by Stewball »

I'm sick to death of the marketing over & over & over & overkill. It's been solid paid pre-showtime dumb 3 minute ads before every movie in theaters here since before Thanksgiving--with 2 months to go. If they don't stop this shit there won't be anybody left to come.

MrMaster51
0 Ratings

Re: Monster's University

Post by MrMaster51 »

Looks like a good movie though! The first one ruled!

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

MrMaster51 wrote:Looks like a good movie though! The first one ruled!

Yeah! That's right! The first one ruled, and all its haters drooled!

I'm going to watch the sequel on opening day! What about you?!

ayall
0 Ratings

Post by ayall »

can't really tell if you guys are joking or not, but the first one was actually pretty damn good.

having a 4 year old, i gotta watch the movie 100+ times; and unlike a lot of other crap (toy story), Monsters Inc. was actually re-watchable.

second one is also pretty good, same quality as first, but the soundtrack isn't nearly as good.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:

You're such an asshole. lol. With great enthusiasm though, so it all evens out. Or something.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

:roll:

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

hellboy76 wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

You're such an asshole. lol. With great enthusiasm though, so it all evens out. Or something.

Hey, don't be a jerk to me and my new buddy MrMaster51! We were both excited about the premiere of Monsters University! Quit being such a hater!

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:
Hey, don't be a jerk to me and my new buddy MrMaster51! We were both excited about the premiere of Monsters University! Quit being such a hater!

:lol: :roll:

gheul
0 Ratings

Post by gheul »

Pfff, what is this, a kid movie for babies? I only watch mature movies that a mature adult such as myself can appreciate.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

The first one was a big meh, and this was was a near bomb. Even the kids were squirmin' and not laughing. The premiss is stupid, the story is blah, "scarer" is a really dumb word especially when you've heard it 7800 times over the last 8 months, and Pixar knew they had a bomb which is why they poured so much money into marketing, including the original in 3D flop in December. And what's with soft, cuddly, aftermarket ready "monsters" being scary in the fist place. Pixar used up a lot of name-loyalty capital on this one, not to mention putting it out in the dead of Summer, relying on a nearly captive audience (oop, I let the cat out of the bag, the not-so-secret secret to summer blockbuster success). They may recover some of it with Planes, which might be good, not to mention a whole new aftermarket inventory. If not it'll be suckin' the muddy one back in the pack. Even the short, The Blue Umbrella, was a blowout.

Oop, my bad again, Planes is strictly Disney. WTF? The wheels are coming off at Pixar--no gear up for them on this one. At least we won't be having to listen to Owen Wilson this time. :roll: