There Will Be Blood

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
El Guapo
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

There Will Be Blood

Post by El Guapo »

I can't believe it took me 6 years to see this movie! Wow! I haven't been this affected and impressed after a first watch in a long time! From the acting, to the score, to the cinematography, to the story. I can probably make a 10 page essay on the character Daniel Plainview. Easily became one of my top ten films of all time!

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: There Will Be Blood

Post by ShogunRua »

I can't believe it's been six years and I STILL haven't seen this.

El Guapo
0 Ratings

Post by El Guapo »

Ha ha, go and see it! You won't regret it!

Jorg
0 Ratings

Post by Jorg »

It was the best movie of the last decade for me (excluding Band of Brothers, which is a miniseries :P).. Too bad The Master wasn't nearly as good.

Cipher067
0 Ratings

Post by Cipher067 »

Actually i believe that this movie is one of the greatest movies in the new century.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:I can't believe it's been six years and I STILL haven't seen this.

See it, seriously. Would love to see your opinion on it. Some people have real issues with the pacing, I for one think based on nothing more than DDL and the cinematography its Tier 10. Let alone the other nuances.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

pazzo wrote:Actually i believe that this movie is one of the greatest movies in the new century.

Why? Just for movies with a similar tone and artistic/technical quality, I think The Departed, Margin Call, and PTA's own Magnolia (which is 2000) were better. Yeah, none of those really dealt with religion, but neither really did TWBB, at least in comparison to examples like Doubt or Goya's Ghosts. But the real clincher is I could name a plethora of good films from 2000 on that drag less (a group that certainly wouldn't contain The Master, which was très obscure as well). Boy's goin' downhill in my nevertobehumble opinion.

ayall
0 Ratings

Post by ayall »

pazzo wrote:Actually i believe that this movie is one of the greatest movies in the new century.

^Truth

Stewball wrote:I could name a plethora of good films from 2000 on that drag less (a group that certainly wouldn't contain The Master, which was très obscure as well). Boy's goin' downhill in my nevertobehumble opinion.

I gotta say I disagree.

a lot of people around here know i'm a big fan of PTA, and i think he's one of the greatest living directors.
I think his better works such as TWBB, The Master, Magnolia are timeless and can be rewatched endlessly.
Every-time I watch these movies, even after the 100th time, i find something new and fascinating.
TWBB is arguably one of the best movies every made.

Now Stewball might not find it as entertaining as Black Snake Moan, but even he can agree that anyone who hasn't seen TWBB is surely missing out.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ayall wrote:Now Stewball might not find it as entertaining as Black Snake Moan, but even he can agree that anyone who hasn't seen TWBB is surely missing out.

Yeah, apples and oranges, that's why I compared to those 3 specific movies. And I think I'm in the majority (for whatever that's worth) about the dragging part. I know, I know, some people say movies I like drag. But what they hell do they know...bunch of morons. :roll:

TheSean
0 Ratings

Post by TheSean »

My favourite movie of all time. That is all! :)