"By the Sea"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"By the Sea"

Post by Stewball »

Pretensions to opening as a Greek tragedy, set in France, which looks like Italy, but is actually at the stunningly beautiful Mgarr ix-Xini Bay in Gozo, Malta. Jolie's character appears to be taking pills for depression (and most of the movie is depressing) which later turns out to be not clinical. But they've come to this place to try to work out their problems even though she refuses to talk about "it". In another setting with another couple this would have been a total dud, but between their interactions between each other, and others, and its little out of the way corner of the world setting, it kept me hanging on.

The movie is bizarre, and the focus of that kink is a 2" peephole into the next room, which is a major plot devise--so much so that the title should have been, The Peephole. Never mind the perversion, which they do touch on, or how they presume to be undiscoverable from the other side. Plenty of nudity, and I think this is a vehicle to let people know that Angelina's transplanted breasts look perfectly natural. I consider this Hollywood average, but that's about the highest rating it's gotten, especially from critics. Something completely different. 7/10