Actors You Hate

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
coffee
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Actors You Hate

Post by coffee »

Somebody else probably had written but this is a long topic.

Lately, when I think about Aamir Khan all I get is hate. The guy, probably, one day thought to hlmself "You know filmmakers can change the world."

He, then loved this idea so much, made loved to it repeatedly. Some of his movies are preaching so much, you don't get that much talking and scolding from a thousand granparents.

He also loves his ideas. His worst is "Like Stars on Earth". He was so terribly self-righteous and preachy, I literally wanted to burn my tv. I felt that uncivilized urge in my gut.

God! I hate him.

And people think he's making brilliant films. They think he is a great guy and a genius.

All I can remember is the Jim Cunningham of Donnie Darko when I see this guy.

Ps. Why did I watch this guy's films?
My in-laws love this obnoxious idiot. That's why.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Emma Watson & Anne Hathaway .

yug
0 Ratings

Post by yug »

coffee wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:36 pm
Somebody else probably had written but this is a long topic.

Lately, when I think about Aamir Khan all I get is hate. The guy, probably, one day thought to hlmself "You know filmmakers can change the world."

He, then loved this idea so much, made loved to it repeatedly. Some of his movies are preaching so much, you don't get that much talking and scolding from a thousand granparents.

He also loves his ideas. His worst is "Like Stars on Earth". He was so terribly self-righteous and preachy, I literally wanted to burn my tv. I felt that uncivilized urge in my gut.

God! I hate him.

And people think he's making brilliant films. They think he is a great guy and a genius.

All I can remember is the Jim Cunningham of Donnie Darko when I see this guy.

Ps. Why did I watch this guy's films?
My in-laws love this obnoxious idiot. That's why.
:D Good luck with your inlaws for the rest (hopefully) of your life.

yug
0 Ratings

Post by yug »

Margaret Dumont---just the top of my head.

julesfmb
263 Ratings

Post by julesfmb »

Everything about Jesse Eisenberg pisses me off.
Also, I don't know if it's hate, but when I see Seth Rogen on screen, everything stops being funny.

90sCoffee
21 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

Ok I've finally got one....John Malkovich.

Smug man isn't he? It's not just the smugness in his unsubtle smile but the smugness in his voice. I don't think he's bad as a villain in a 90s film like Con Air but watching him try to play Hercule Poirot in that latest BBC adaptation made Kenneth Brannagh come across as a good Poirot and I absolutely could not stand his attempt to be the conniving lead in Dangerous Liaisons which I saw recently. Everything he does seems to be him trying to act hard I think.

I do quite like the film Being John Malkovich though ironically.

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

I wasn't going to comment in this thread but I just finished watching Resurrecting the Champ (2007) and it features one of the worst central performances I've ever seen and reminded me how much I hate Josh Harnett.

movieboy
0 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

coffee wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:36 pm
God! I hate him.
The Taare Zameen Par ("Like Stars on Earth") reaction may be a cultural/strata of society thing. I am not sure where you are from, but in a country like India, 90% of the population probably have never heard that there is something called dyslexia. So it probably needed the sledgehammer treatment. It's not my favourite AK movie, but I found it to be a good one-time watch.

I like Aamir Khan as an actor. He is an extremely choosy actor & has done less bad movies than any other actor I know. I don't like all his movies, but I love several of his movies & have watched them multiple times.