Old PG13-ish sci-fi movie about a boy who loves toys

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
pingledingle
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Old PG13-ish sci-fi movie about a boy who loves toys

Post by pingledingle »

Hello,

A few years ago I remembered this old movie I saw on TV when I was a kid. Must have been in the late '80s, or early '90s at the very latest.

It was about a boy who had a huge collection of toys at home, but he knew a boy at school who had only one special toy - a sort of mechanical orb (at least, I think it was an orb). The kid with all the toys steals the orb and takes it home, after which all of his toys come to life and try to kill him. I also recall a scene in which a cyborg woman busts in and tries to kill him with her buzz-saw hand or something - scared the bejeezers out of me, that scene did.

I've been trying to find the title of this movie for years, but no matter where I search or what keywords I use I've never found anything that even comes close. Sure there are lists all over the internet about movies in which toys come to life - featuring the same old low-hanging-fruit, but not the particular one I'm looking for.

Does anyone know this movie?