A Space Sci-Fi Movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Moddry
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A Space Sci-Fi Movie

Post by Moddry »

Hey guys,

as mentioned in the subject im looking for a Sci-Fi Movie taking place in space.

Unfortunately i don´t remember much, otherwise i would have probably found it on my own.

Things i remember:

-People are on a spacecraft (probably sent from earth) to a new (utopian) planet to live a better life

-At the end it turns out that they are just connected to a machine in a space station living a "virtual life" instead of a real new planet

- I´m sure it is already a couple of years old since i watched like 5 (or more) years ago

Thanks for your help!

ferrvq
0 Ratings

Re: A Space Sci-Fi Movie

Post by ferrvq »

Could it be this 3-episode series, https://www.criticker.com/tv/Ascension_2014/ ?

rklenseth
0 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

The only problem with Ascension (2014) is that it doesn't fit the plot point of being connected to computers or in virtual reality. [spoiler]The people were tricked into believing they were on a real spaceship heading for a new habitable planet when in fact the spaceship never left Earth. It was a study to see how a multigenerational group of people would work out in a self contained spaceship.[/spoiler] Just as a warning, this 3 episode mini-series is technically a failed TV series and the last episode ends on a cliffhanger in case you don't want to be left hanging since there will never be anymore episodes.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Edit: my last thought certainly wasn't it since this has to be the movie:

[spoiler]https://www.criticker.com/film/Cargo[/spoiler]

Which was actually in my remember list, but with a psi of 61 and the ending spoiled i may remove it. Can't even recall where i came across it. Trailer maybe.