Asian Horror/Drama/Thriller - Dad can't afford rent - daugther goes on a killing spree

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
hehejow
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Asian Horror/Drama/Thriller - Dad can't afford rent - daugther goes on a killing spree

Post by hehejow »

Hey guys,

i saw this movie 5-10 years ago.
It was either a japanese or south korean movie.

The storyline was kind of unique and social critical. The tone of the movie was pretty cold and depressed. It was mainly about a grown daugther and her old dad. Urban setting, rent increases and the dad cant afford it. I cant remember if he suicided or was forced into something that got him killed. But im pretty sure he died.
The daugther then goes on to kill people (i guess in revenge?).

I remember the first guy she killed was in an office/security room setting, and the guy was sitting alone at his desk.
And later she killed a bunch of people in an appartment.

Thats pretty much all i can remember, but there should not be too many movies with this specific plot.

Maybe someone knows which movie im talking about, would be great :)

cheers

hotsake
179 Ratings

Re: Asian Horror/Drama/Thriller - Dad can't afford rent - daugther goes on a killing spree

Post by hotsake »

I'm pretty sure this is actually the Hon Kong film Dream Home from 2010 starring Josie Ho.
https://www.criticker.com/film/Dream-Home-2010/

hehejow
Ratings

Re: Asian Horror/Drama/Thriller - Dad can't afford rent - daugther goes on a killing spree

Post by hehejow »

Wow,
i was so wrong on my plot description and you got it anyway.
Yeah thats the one, thanks a lot. :)