Does anyone know this movie?

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
JackLyrCaio
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Does anyone know this movie?

Post by JackLyrCaio »

Hi! I try to discover an old movie's name that I saw as a child in the middle of 1980's. I vaguely remember its beginning. On a blizzard night, a traveler asks for shelter in a mansion/castle. Reluctantly a servant lets him through the night. During the night a noise in the half-open window catches your attention. He tries to close the windowm, then a ghostly female hand squeezes her arm. When he screams in terror, he frightens the ghostly figure and wakes everyone in the mansion/castle. When the castle/mansion master listens to the explanation of what has happened, he goes out in the storm in search of the woman. Without understanding nothing the visitor hears the servant's explanation: this woman would be the great love of his master and daughter of the previous master of the property. Then, begins a flashback showing the childhood of the current master with the ghostly figure. It's all that I remember. Does anyone know this movie?

KasperL
156 Ratings

Re: Does anyone know this movie?

Post by KasperL »

'Wuthering Heights' (1939)

✌️

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Haha, what a crazy random happenstance! I literally just watched Wuthering Heights a few days ago. This describes the premise of that story to a tee, although there are multiple film adaptations out there, the most famous being the 1939 William Wyler version with Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon.

JackLyrCaio
Ratings

Post by JackLyrCaio »

It's this movie, thank you!