Finding horror movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
tbento
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Finding horror movie

Post by tbento »

Hey everyone! I'm hoping you can help me out finding this one movie I've watched 10-12 years ago... The movie is a bit old. I'm not sure it's black and white, maybe it was, maybe not, but it's definitely from 50s-80s max.

The plot is about a serial killer. You never get to see his face throughout the whole movie, all you see is a silhouette.
As I recall, in one of the first scenes, the camera follows him as he enters some sort of a butcher shop, steals an ice picker or a very similar object, leaves and follows a woman outside. She tries to escape but falls down a ramp, where he gets to her and kills her.
The entire movie is an investigation trying to find who the guy is. There is also a woman (journalist maybe?) and an investigator, who try to solve the mystery.

Another scene I clearly remember takes place at the middle/to end of the movie. They put a microphone on a man, hoping to record some evidence. They put it bellow that man's shirt, but due to a chemical reaction between his skin and the battery on the microphone, he dies.

The woman, who is protagonist too I think, also gets killed at the end. There is a celebration, with fireworks maybe, maybe newer (not sure) and she is alone outdoors at some sort of rooftop. The killer gets to her before the investigator does, so she gets killed and he escapes. I suppose this is how the movie ends. I'm sorry I can't give any other details. Thank you very much for your help!

Paxton
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Finding horror movie

Post by Paxton »