Which Pirate-Themed Movies Are They?

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Kelly34
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Which Pirate-Themed Movies Are They?

Post by Kelly34 »

I am looking for several pirate movies I watched when I was 10-12 year old boy.
I tried several movie sites and 1 friend suggested me your site as he said you are utmost expert on the all pirate movies.

I can remember some scenes very good, but finding by this description proved to bne a pain. Especially as I think those kight not be american. I looked some movies I found from your list on YouTube and such, but none had those scenes I remember.
I try to list here all scenes that I remember as detailed as possible. Maybe 2 belong to same one may be not I really can't say. I leave it with you and hopefully you recognise something

Scene #1
Pirate ship attacks another ship where on board is a princess, her mother or older lady and her female servant. Ship gets boarded and looted. Then set on fire. Main pirate character goes to the ship when hearing from older lady that princess is missing. He finds her hidden in the wardrobe. He talks to her, but she don't understand. He puts her over his shoulder, carries her out and swings on the mast rope over to his ship.

Scene #2
Girls are put on the market. He is bidding for princess, but gets out bid by a wife of another pirate or another pirate. He then buys the old lady for 50 coins of some sort. He and his friend find out that old lady is very good knitter. So, they buy her so she will knit them a copy of a treasure map that is hanging on the wall in big mansion on another side of a painting. Old lady next day goes and looks at the map. And then next scene shows they 2 having the finished map in the their hands.

Friend of the main pirate is an older man with a beard. I was thinking he is this actor:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rhys-Davies
When he was younger, but I looked his filmography and here is nothing like that movie there.

Scene #3 I think from another movie.
Some guy who is on service of a Spanish or Portuguese governor. He got paid to spread lies about big easy treasure in order to lure a pirate to try stealing it. Governor's castle stands at the exit from a bay. Pirate gets lured, but is at the same time is locked in that bay as castle has a lot of cannons on the walls. So, pirate does this:
He sends a row boat from ship to shore. Row boat is far enough from the castle so they can't see faces. Boat goes ashore with men. And comes back empty. Many times like this.
So, governor's man says '' they are going to attack from land. Move all cannons to face the field or forest'' Governor tells him that when pirate is destroyed he will get paid. So, they move all cannons off walls. Then comes a black, moonless night and pirate moves his ship slowly towards bay's exit. He installed only 1 oe 2 sails made from black fabric or something. Watcher sees him and shouts something. Governor screams ''move cannons back'' I don't remember phrase exactly. At this moment ship drops all sails and fires a full broadside at the castle at point blank range. And gets away.
Final scene is a room and governor getting his head bandaged. His servant comes in and asks him ''Would i get my money still?'' governor goes into rage screaming ''MONEY? YOUR MONEY? Are you mad? i almost gotten killed, castle is ruined and you want the money? GET OUT Before i shoot you'' on this note movie ends.

Scene #4
Don't remember much about it.
Pirate is a womaniser and likes new girls, but has some girl that he afraids off. He gets a girl for himself in his cabin. But then it told that that girl is coming to see him. So, he puts that girl into sack and throws her into sea from a window. Another man dives in to get sack, opens and gets her out. She comes out coughting and saying something. Man says something and helps her swim ashore

Scene #5
Remember very badly. Pirate got himself a girl, but she didn't wanted him. He stripped her halve naked. Said something like ''get into bed'' She said no. And then She slapped him. He picked her up and jumped over board with her. He surfaced then she did and was bubling
He said ''will you go in bed?'' she screamed ''i can't swim'' he said ''start learning'' She screamed ''you pig'' and soon sank. Hedived under collecting her from sea bed got back onto ship and put her in bed.

That is all I can remember.

All those movies were colour and looked like 1960-1980. May be 1950-1970.
Some like last 2 had full nidity so, they weren't American mostly likely. Those also weren't erotic films. Those as I remember were pirate-theme.
If you could recognise at last 1 I would be soo happy. I would love to watch it again

Thank youmOVIES Are Tho

MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Which Pirate-Themed Movies Are They?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

http://ok.ru/video/792070588930

'Against all flags 1952'

Enjoy 😊