Anime Movie about a girl who is afraid of water

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
August King
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Anime Movie about a girl who is afraid of water

Post by August King »

There is this movie about a girl (who I think has green hair, don’t remember) who is afraid of water. My mom had rented a movie from Blockbuster back when Dish had a special or deal or something where if you signed up for Dish you would get Blockbuster free for so long. She said that she found the movie by searching “ghibli movies”. This was around 2011 I think, I’m 98% sure it was a movie but when I used the wayback machine I saw that Blockbuster had a lot of anime series.

The art style, I would say looked like it would have been any where from the 90's to early 2000's

I think that the movie starts with the girl running home from school and it's raining. When she gets home I think I remember the mom talking to her and the news is on talking about the rain and the girl is afraid of it flooding. I think her friend is there too (who is a girl) and she tells her not to worry.

I don’t remember a lot of the movie but there is a boy that she likes and at some point in the movie it does flood and I think her house floods too and she’s inside.

I think I remember there being ghosts or spirits something???

I remember (I think at the end of the movie) there is a lake and everyone is around the lake and either the girl is at the center and the boy she likes walks to her or the boy is at the center and she walk to him.

I have searched off and on for this movie for a few years now and can not find anything. I recently checked wikipedia on “Category: anime films” from 2011 back to 1980. I have also checked the wayback machine for Blockbuster but that yielded no results either. I have also checked places like whatismymovie.com.

My sister had asked on reddit and somebody suggested “A Letter to Momo” but that was not it.

sorry for saying "i think" too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.