A film with fairies that turned a girls brother into a creature balloon thing??

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Kris-P
Ratings
Your TCI: na

A film with fairies that turned a girls brother into a creature balloon thing??

Post by Kris-P »

Hi there!
I'm trying to find information on a movie I swear I watched as a kid here's what I can remember:

It was definitely from the 90s or earlier, I think it might have been a direct to VHS video. Also a live action film, not animated.
There was a little girl who had a (younger?) brother.
There was a pit, or a hill. The little girl was talking to some faeries/creatures/people. I think she wanted her and her brother to leave, but the people she was talking to turned her brother into a creature of some kind to make them stay or because her brother didn't want to leave, and I think they wanted her to become a fairy. But I feel like the girl wanted to go home to their parents/reality?

I remember it being murky or muddy, at least in color, And I think her brother got turned into something big and round, like a balloon, or a slug or some jabba the hut kind of shape that could kind of float like a weird goblin balloon? I think this kind of creature was on the case of the VHS.

The creatures/fairies/people were kind of like: "Hey if you wanna stay here and play forever, you have to be one of us." or something. There were maybe 3 people interacting with this girl, the rest were onlookers?

I think about this on occasion because it unsettled me and scared me so much as a child. I'd love to know what this film was or find out if it was just a bizarre dream so I can put my thoughts to res.

Any help would be cool!
Thanks!