Going crazy. Please name this film

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Connor24
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Going crazy. Please name this film

Post by Connor24 »

Been searching for days and I still cannot find this film.

I’m not sure on the language, possibly English, but also possibly not. I don’t think the film is extremely old - they have car/aeroplanes and quad bikes (ATV’s?)

Here is what I remember, if you can name this film I would be extremely grateful!

Boy (maybe 10-12 years old) living with dad. Goes to stay with mum for the holidays (I don’t think the boy has seen the mum for a long time). Mum and new partner are raising reindeer or deer or elk on a farm type location. Boy has a voice/sound recorder.

One scene boy falls out of a tree and mum takes care of him (boy starts to trust mum). In another scene the boy breaks younger brothers stick “person”.

Boy leaves gate open and reindeer/deer/elk or something escapes. Helpers round up most of them on quad bikes (ATV’s) but one gets away. Boy leaves to find reindeer and uses voice recording of child/parent reindeer/deer/elk. Sound recorder runs out of power after a while so he starts making the call/sounds himself. They eventually find it.

That’s most of what I can remember.

livelove
0 Ratings

Re: Going crazy. Please name this film

Post by livelove »

Hairybolux
33 Ratings

Re: Going crazy. Please name this film

Post by Hairybolux »

It doesn't quite fit the description, but The Yearling seems close to it. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039111/