Need help finding a movie title

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
EdisonBright
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Need help finding a movie title

Post by EdisonBright »

Trying to jog my memory, but cannot for the life of me remember the title of this movie, the plot is approximately as follows:

Movies begins with retired (or fired) cop driving down the highway alone, passing through small town, stops at a rest stop, or motel, he notices that the female clerk is terrified of someone, and proceeds to save her (I think using a shotgun from the trunk of his car), the person he saved her fro belonged to a local (drugs?) gang, his action sets in motion a string of events where the gang (i think they were bikers) attack him, and he remains in the town and single handedly takes them down, at which point he is also pitted against the local cheroot sheriff, who had given this gang protection, and worked with them.

Takes place somewhere in the us, I cannot remember where. I think the cop was possibly formerly from LA but I may be mistaken.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can remind me what the title of the movie is.