1990-2010 thriller about a kidnapped teen

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Alcor
4 Ratings
Your TCI: na

1990-2010 thriller about a kidnapped teen

Post by Alcor »

I watched the film when I was a kid, so it could be around 2006. Thus, I don't recall many details. Some of them might not match the other ones because I was young and my memory could have mixed a few movies.

The movie tells the story of a teenage (sixteen?) boy kidnapped for ransom. We see the story from both his father's (or brother's? I think it was his father) and the victim's perspective.

If my memory doesn't cheat on me, the kidnappers were talking on the phone to the boy's father in a kind of a wide magazine.

I think that the gangsters were switching the place or taking the victim somewhere (to cover the tracks or exchange the kidnapee for money). I remember the scene that took place outdoors and the boy was forced to watch death of someone from the mob. I'm not sure but there could be a truck or a car and a tree close to the boy. He had dark hair. I don't remember the way the gangster died but it was either a shot or dogs attack, I guess.

It's not the "Ransom" from 1996, I've already checked.