Anime series where the Earth was suddenly surrounded by a kind of energy sphere in the sky blocking anyone from leaving

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Tobias Reich
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Anime series where the Earth was suddenly surrounded by a kind of energy sphere in the sky blocking anyone from leaving

Post by Tobias Reich »

I'm sorry I can't give any details but I just remember I once saw a Japanese anime series.

I think it was about a (future) Earth where the Earth was suddenly surrounded by a kind of (blue) energy sphere in the sky. How they were looking up and realizing it was blocking everything so they couldn't leave the planet anymore or something like that. It was more about the figures and how they reacted. No monsters or super powers etc. involved. Probably not even a villain!

And it was a kind of mirror/alternate world or something like that "up there". I know that sounds like that Upside-Down movie from 2012 but I'm sure it was an anime (and most likely a series and not a movie) and should be slightly older than that. But it wasn't really old. I remember it looked already CGI enhanced so I'd say early 2000s.

I remember a dark, sad mood like it was changing the world to the worse not better. However my memory is not a really depressing story. Neither was it a dark Sci-Fi like Final Fantasy or what ever. More a "mystery" instead.

If I would have to guess I'd say the (English) title was something like Twin X or something abstract like that. Maybe containing sky or mirror in the name?

Since I don't remember much of the story sadly - only a mood - I think it can't be a long story. Maybe 1 season perhaps. And it's painting style was the typical "anime" one. If I had to guess I would say the "normal" 2D paint style with slightly modernized backgrounds. So no 3D generated characters etc.

Thanks for any hints,

Tobias

Lord-Xanthor
Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Anime series where the Earth was suddenly surrounded by a kind of energy sphere in the sky blocking anyone from leav

Post by Lord-Xanthor »

Your going to be in for a bit of a suprise. Your not the first or the last trying to find out what this Anime is. This is because it's not really an anime show but because many fans clipped together the story animations on YouTube, many mistakenly thought it was a show. It's actually a game series for the WII and Nintendo DS called
shin megami tensei. There are many game episodes.

Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/z8oEjmBtRTA