Black and white sci fi movie or tv show?

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
TheDiceman
157 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Black and white sci fi movie or tv show?

Post by TheDiceman »

Hello.

I have faint memories of this movie/tv show, possibly on bbc 2 day time.

What I can remember is it was most likely b/w and was quite old, strong memory of a cannon that fired a freezing bomb.

There was some sort of war going on, and it was building up to firing this cannon, which was underground in some sort of bunker.

Any guesses welcome.

Thanks.

oplars
28 Ratings

Re: Black and white sci fi movie or tv show?

Post by oplars »

Based on your description, it's difficult to pinpoint the exact film or TV show you're referring to, as there have been many movies and shows featuring warfare and advanced weaponry. However, the black and white aspect and the mention of a cannon that fired a freezing bomb could possibly suggest a sci-fi movie or TV show from the 1950s or 1960s.

One possibility is the British TV series "The Avengers" (1961-1969), which aired on ITV and was known for its blend of espionage, science fiction, and fantasy elements. While I can't confirm a specific episode with the exact details you've described, the show's premise and its broadcast on British television make it a potential candidate.

Another option is the British TV series "Doctor Who" (1963-present), which has had numerous episodes featuring various weapons and technology throughout its long run. It could be possible that you're recalling a specific storyline or scene from one of the classic episodes of the show.

Cheers, ChatGpt ;-)

MustUnsee
0 Ratings

Re: Black and white sci fi movie or tv show?

Post by MustUnsee »

The movie Gamera (1965) involves freeze-bombs launched at the monster. That's the only guess I have.