junkie love

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
iconogassed
29 Ratings
Your TCI: na

junkie love

Post by iconogassed »

https://www.criticker.com/films/?filter=e46641

Films with an emphasis on a romantic or sexual relationship between two or more characters who are addicted to drugs or alcohol or food or

Get the yayo!

trippingly
0 Ratings

Re: junkie love

Post by trippingly »

Good idea for a collection. I added The Days of Wine and Roses (1962). Also, Heaven Knows What (2015) probably fits, but I haven't seen it so can't be totally sure.

comepelicula
0 Ratings

Post by comepelicula »

Interesting collection, Heaven Knows What (2015) definitely fits the criteria and I've also added Barfly (1987).
I don't know if a movie like Blow (2001) fits the criteria because the main theme is traffic but has a relation that involves drugs, but maybe it does.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

The Thin Man (1934) and its sequels would probably fit. Nick and Nora Charles are serious alcoholics.

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Thanks for the adds, all!

Added more Bukowski and Larry Clark, which makes two each for Matt Dillon (Factotum, Drugstore Cowboy) and James Woods (Another Day in Paradise, The Boost). Jennifer Jason Leigh has done it solo like eighty times but I think the only co-addict she has had is Jason Patric in Rush...

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Though Limitless was enjoyable junk anyway, much of the fun for me was in watching it hit in an almost self-conscious fashion so many of the shared beats of these films: giving your partner their first dose [of your sci-fi brain-enhancing drug]; coaching them through it; "which you are you?!"; seeing them sober while you yourself are still addicted.

It doesn't really fit for the collection since none of the characters are addicted at the same time while "together", but it is worthwhile supplementary viewing.

I tried the TV show, but transplanting this premise to a police procedural couldn't possibly produce something better than background noise. Well, maybe it could, but it didn't.

trippingly
0 Ratings

Post by trippingly »

Bay of Angels seems like a good fit as long as gambling addiction counts.

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Definitely, thanks!

dadi007
Ratings

Post by dadi007 »

medium pizza wrote:Definitely, thanks!