The Batman

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
179 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Batman

Post by hotsake »

The movie as a whole was okay but there was a lot wrong with it too. I can't say I was disappointed because I never had any expectations for this anyway, but I can say that I was never really entertained. The costumes and character interpretations sucked, the bat-gliding scene looked goofy as fuck, and the editing ruined any excitement I might have had during the action sequences. Matt Reeves in my opinion is still an overrated middle-of-the-road director. Matt really wants to be David Fincher here but fails to even be a low-rent version. Robert Pattinson was bland and didn't hold my interest in the slightest. Colin Farrell tries hard and fails to be Robert De Niro. Andy Serkis was the blandest Alfred of the bunch. Catwoman and Batman, nope no chemistry here. All rich white people are evil gets an eye-rolling pass but I felt that changing the Wayne legacy was like having Spider-man's Uncle Ben be a wife beater.