Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
CMonster
229 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Post by CMonster »

Stewball wrote: Yes, there is ambiguity, but not about the top is toppling at the end.

THAT ISN'T THE AMBIGUOUS PART?!?! Holy shit, this Nolan guy is deep man.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

CMonster wrote: Holy shit, this Nolan guy is deep man.

Yeah, and then there's the ones who're so shallow they can't get their focus past the surface--beauty 8-) :

ayall
0 Ratings

Post by ayall »

I was a big fan of the Abram's first Star Trek and I must say that he didn't disappoint in this sequel.

Was "Into Darkness" better than the first? No, it was pretty much the same.
So if you liked the first one, you'll like this one.

Nolan did a great job with Batman of making the sequel (TDK) better then the first, but i think that's more luck then skill since the third one (TDKR) wasn't anywhere near as good as the second one (TDK).

Since Star Trek 3 is now in the works, looking at the movies as a series of episodes, i think into the darkness did a great job picking up where the first one leaves off; it continues developing characters (and doesn't deviate from the first movie), introduces some new characters (I think Khan was a great addition, though not fully explored) and leaves the audience wanting more.

I know i'll probably get flamed for this, but i'm impressed by Abram's ability to make great action/sci-fi movies, and am excited to see what he does with Star Wars (in production).

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ayall wrote:I know i'll probably get flamed for this, but i'm impressed by Abram's ability to make great action/sci-fi movies, and am excited to see what he does with Star Wars (in production).

Since you knew you'd probably get flamed, it'd be like anti-climactic to pile on. So, Happy Memorial Day.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

CMonster wrote:Are you some sort of satirist? You can't honestly have gone into watch Into Darkness and come out with the phrases "intelligent story", "highly unpredictable", and "great story".

Isn't JLFM still just a kid? This would explain why he can still be surprised with such an unoriginal story. Based on his watching habits and posts like this:
JLFM wrote:And as far as R-rated films go, I'm relatively young, and frankly, I don't feel comfortable watching [...] sex. It's hard to watch and sucks the enjoyment out of the film for me.

I'd guess that he's like 10 years old or something.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

edkrak wrote:I'd guess that he's like 10 years old or something.

Wait a second, don't you have to be at least 13 years old in order to sign up for the forums?

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

ShogunRua wrote:
edkrak wrote:I'd guess that he's like 10 years old or something.

Wait a second, don't you have to be at least 13 years old in order to sign up for the forums?

I assume you're just adding to the joke, but for the sake of questioning account legitimacy, I can confirm that I'm older than 13. Then again, I probably wouldn't tell you if I was under 13, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Oh good, I had come to the Star Trek 2: Electric Boogaloo review hoping to get some lively conversation about Inception. :lol:

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Spock breakdancing would've made this film so much better.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

TheDenizen wrote:Spock breakdancing would've made this film so much better.

This scene is easily better than anything in Star Trek 2: Crappy Wrath of Khan Remake;

I mean, those crazy dancing whore nurses, a man getting out of his wheelchair to start breakdancing, AND a dead man coming back to the life through the power of a cheesy 80's montage? JJ Abrams is a hack, but alas, he is not a hilarious one like the people that made Electric Boogaloo. :)