Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
ShadowMatt
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

Post by ShadowMatt »

Summary
It’s a good, clean kid’s movie. There’s not a ton for adults, but it does have it’s cute moments.

Was it any good?
It was probably good for the kids. It wasn’t for me, as an adult. Without kids making me go, I probably would not… except for the fact that I see them all… there’s that.

Who was in it?
Jason Lee, Justin Long (voice), Matthew Gray Gubler (voice), Jesse McCartney (voice), Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Josh Green

Should I see it on the big screen or should I wait to rent it?
If you have kids, take ’em. If you don’t have kids, skip it.

Should I see it in 3D or one of the other premium formats?
Kids movie. They won’t care. See it as cheap as possible.

Review
If you’ve seen one Chipmunk movie, you’ve probably seen them all. If you have a kid who’s a fan of the Chipmunks, this is probably a must-see.

One rather entertaining addition to the film is Tony Hale. He played the one-handed brother on Arrested Development. Here he plays a very aggressive air marshal who is the “bad guy” pursuing the chipmunks throughout the film. His appearances on screen provided a little slapstick humor as the Chipmunks foiled his attempts to capture them. It was still an eye-roller. I doubt a real air marshall would care quite that much about three small rodents.

Think Mall Cop here. Was that a quality masterpiece of film? If you answered “yes” this film is awesome. If you answered with a dubious mumble, you’re on the long bus with the rest of us (or me, at least).

There’s not a ton to say here. There are these three CGI chipmunks and a bunch of real actors pretend they can see them. The CGI animals get into trouble, do some pranks, sing and dance, have a heart-warming moment, and the credits roll. Sorry. Spoiler Alert.

Is it family safe?
About the most offensive moment is when one of the characters fart. They even changed the words to “Uptown Funk.” The “I’m too hot (hot damn)” was changed to “I’m too hot (oh yeah).” Now you know you have a kid’s movie on our hands. One character almost gets hit by a car, so maybe a little intensity? A little?

PG | 1h 32min | Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family | 18 December 2015 (USA)