Avengers: Endgame

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Avengers: Endgame

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Readers beware...SPOILERS ahead!

Avengers:Endgame (90%)

"Avengers: Endgame" is a sequel to "The Avengers" (2012), "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" (2015) and "Avengers: Infinity War" (2018). It is the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo. The film was written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. In "Endgame" the surviving members of the Avengers work together to reverse the damage caused by Thanos in "Infinity War".

I thought "Infinity War" was really good and the reason why "Endgame" was such a success. A lot of people including myself wanted to find out what happened to everyone...including Spider-Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange disintegrating like dust into mid air. Thanos uses the Infinity gauntlet to disintegrate half of all life in the universe. A shocking conclusion to what I think is one of the best MCU movies ever made. Josh Brolin as Thanos is excellent in a dark and powerful performance. The Avengers and Guardians Of The Galaxy attempt to stop Thanos from collecting the all-powerful Infinity Stones...but in the end fail.

Thanos is the reason I liked "Infinity War" so much. Thanos sacrifices everything including killing his own daughter Gamora for the stones and at the end he gets them. In the last scene of the film Thanos watches a sun rise on a another planet and it's haunting. It made me really want to find out what happens. Thanos in my opinion makes the movie, every scene he is in "Infinity War" makes the film that much better. Every time he speaks it is very vital to the story, he is one of the great super villains. "Infinity War" is intense comic book drama with fatal consequences.

21 films made and it all leads up to this..."Avengers:Endgame". From "Iron Man" (2008) to "Captain Marvel" (2019), this movie is many years in the making and it's definitely worth the wait. Out of all the other good MCU movies like "Spider-Man: Homecoming" (2017), "Thor: Ragnarok" (2017) and "Black Panther" (2018) to name a few, I think "Endgame" is the best. Although "Infinity War" does come the closest in my opinion, "Endgame" is a great conclusion to over a decade worth of films.

"Endgame" is a time travel movie even showing scenes from previous MCU movies that I thought was very clever. Writers Christopher Markus and Steven McFeely have made a very entertaining, funny and intelligent script. A story that makes you laugh, think, cheer and maybe even cry. The Russo brothers' directing is at a very high level, a big budget production that I'm sure must have been very challenging to make. I think they have successfully met all expectations and more.

An epic blockbuster for our time that makes me think of what people might have thought when "Star Wars" (1977) and "Empire Strikes Back" (1980) first came out. What audiences must have thought of Darth Vader, like I how I think of Thanos. Although this movie is really long clocking in at over 3 hours, I really couldn't get enough. I remember reading "Iron Man", "Spider-Man" and "Secret Wars" comics as a kid. I loved reading them because my imagination would go wild. Watching "Endgame" gave me that same feeling again. Like a kid lost in a fantastic world of comic books: super heroes and villains.

There are scenes in "Endgame" that I thought that were really good like: Thor's decapitation of Thanos, Clint Barton (Hawkeye) as a vigilante in Tokyo or when Nebula and Rhodes travel to Morag in 2014 and steal the Power Stone before Peter Quill can. And who can forget fat, alcoholic Thor that I thought was really funny. The music in the movie is also really good, when Traffic's "Dear Mr. Fantasy" comes on at the beginning of the movie you know your in for something special. "Endgame" is great for what it is...a super hero movie.

Not everyone makes it out alive in "Infinity War" and "Endgame" and that's what makes these movies and this story so shocking and dramatic. I thought it was brilliant to end "Infinity War" with a cliffhanger the way they did leading up to the next film. "Endgame" has successfully became the highest grossing film of 2019, the highest grossing superhero movie ever and the second highest grossing film of all time. "Avengers: Endgame" is the best MCU movie I have ever seen...I wonder what Marvel will think of next?