Avatar the Last Airbender (2005-2008)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
ShogunRua
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Avatar the Last Airbender (2005-2008)

Post by ShogunRua »

coffee wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 pm
CosmicMonkey wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm
...I honestly can't understand how anyone could possibly morally equate these two groups.
You're wasting your time.

When someone says that "Kitara" was acting like a villain, if that person is joking then it's not funny. If he's not joking, then he's a joke himself and very funny.
I never bothered to look up the official names online, and was writing it phonetically based on how it's pronounced in the series. "Kit-a-ra".

Of all the pissy fanboy reasons to dismiss my review, (while obsessively posting in the topic, naturally), this is the lamest.

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

You didn't even respond to anything I brought up in my post, you simply just repeated what you said in your original post, as if repeating what you said would somehow clear up my confusion.

Honestly, it doesn't feel like you're here to review films or to engage in light-hearted debate about them. Just looks to me like you're here to go on a political rant about... something(?) and then lash out in an acerbic tone and belittle anyone who questions or disagrees with you. If that's what you want to do, then fine, but that's not the way, I, or I think most users of this forum, would like to engage in film discourse. Have fun, I'm out.

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

ShogunRua wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm
I never bothered to look up the official names online, and was writing it phonetically based on how it's pronounced in the series. "Kit-a-ra".

Of all the pissy fanboy reasons to dismiss my review, (while obsessively posting in the topic, naturally), this is the lamest.
When people are ignored, when you act like they are invisible they make sure that they are indeed very visible and real. Pakku was not just an old fart bigot he also was a giant ass. What he did should be punished. With a flick of a water Katara made him realize that she exists and has demands (Trust me, if that was a real attack even you would've understood.). She confronted him and he couldn't ignore her anymore. When you do that to a person, to a woman then you're asking for it. Pakku was a stupid old man but now with a brilliant pupil. If he felt that Katara was a coward and malicious person he wouldn't have taken her as pupil. He would've destroyed her probably. So even Pakku's next actions tell that you're an idiot.

Also what Zhao did was utterly disgusting. He and Zuko were duelling. The duel was ended. Zuko turned his back and was attacked. That's the definition of being a douchebag. Zuko acknowleged him, duelled him and after that Zhao betrayed that relationship. He was a menace and got what he deserved at the end.

What Aang did was also brave. He risked his water bending lessons and chose his friend. That was morally justified. He couldn't refuse the help of a bigot but he did not abandon his friend for that.

The last and the most important thing is... what you blabbered here was not a full review. It was not even a review but just a view. A view of attention hungry person who does not understand when he watches a Nickelodeon animation. This topic should be moved to the dumpster or if we don't have that to somewhere appropriate.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

coffee wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:07 am
Pakku was not just an old fart bigot he also was a giant ass. What he did should be punished.
Ah yes, assholes and bigots deserve to be PUNISHED. Including being assaulted from behind! Why, it's completely admirable! If only Zuko had yelled something about not wanting to train alongside girls, Zhao would have turned from villain to shining hero for his cowardly attack, too!

And who is to decide what constitutes an "asshole" or a "bigot"?

Alas, coffee isn't smart enough to think that far, how quickly the Narrative changes, or its implications for lowly proles like him.
coffee wrote: So even Pakku's next actions tell that you're an idiot.
This might be the single dumbest thing I've read in the topic, and not for lack of competition. You're using the writers' need to have everything resolved neatly by the end of the episode, thus necessitating Pakku taking on both Katara and Aang as students as a reason why Katara's actions were NOT those of a cowardly villain? Hilarious.

You do realize that the writers can write themselves out of any such moral quandry, no matter how absurd and at odds with reality?
coffee wrote: This topic should be moved to the dumpster or if we don't have that to somewhere appropriate.
As embarrassingly stupid as your replies in this topic have been, I don't want them censored like you do my review. Better to expose them in all their glory.

emma63194
1 Ratings

Post by emma63194 »

yeah, i didn't like it at the beginning for similar reasons, especially sokka's misogyinism. but i ended up continuing because people kept on saying "how awesome it was" and actually, passed the first season, i now like it a lot. especially when toph appears; she's really awesome. and sokka stops being misogynic, so that's awesome.
on some aspects, i preferred the legend of korra, though. i love korra cause she's hella strong, muscular and talented so that's hella nice! unfortunately, shows generally really lack cool female protagonists like her. toph from ATLA is similarly as cool as korra in my opinion, at least!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Due to escalating rhetoric and multiple reports, we've decided to lock this topic and use the opportunity to remind everyone of the spirit of this forum.

Posts which are designed to be inflammatory or agitate are not in the spirit of the friendly and engaging film discussions which we hope to foster at Criticker.

This constitutes a warning to everyone on the forum; keep discourse civil and friendly, do not willfully attempt to agitate, do not engage in any type of discriminatory rhetoric, and do not insult each other, or you will be banned.

As a reminder, here is our policy on moderation at the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5510