Cyrano de Bergerac (1990)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
179 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Cyrano de Bergerac (1990)

Post by hotsake »

First let me talk about some of the positives I have with this film. Gérard Depardieu was great and really fit the part, the costumes and designs, as well as the sets were amazing. The direct and pacing were okay too. I guess that's about it form my positives. There aren't too many negatives more that I didn't really connect with this film. The acting felt very off during many scenes and at times I couldn't tell if what I was seeing was meant to be taken seriously or not. The best example of this was the stage scene towards the beginning were the whole time I wondered if the heckling was part of the show or if it was Cyrano really interrupting the play. I think the reason for this is that most if not all the actors' performances are exaggerated and very stage play like. I also didn't like the music and during certain scenes actually took me out of the moment being shown. And finally none of the other actors/characters were interesting or brought anything to the film, they were just dull backdrop.