Welcome to Criticker Games!

Criticker had a big update on January 12th, introducing games. Almost every aspect of the website was touched, every database table and back-end file. Please report any bugs in this forum, and we'll get them fixed up as soon as possible.
AFlickering
218 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Welcome to Criticker Games!

Post by AFlickering »

this is so exciting! if i ever won the lottery i would single-handedly fund a gofundme for a music criticker (and realistically a music version would probably get more interest overall than this), but games is an awesome start. there isn't really a niche for this right now (although RYM's gaming site glitchwave is on the horizon, but nothing can match criticker's recommendation system anyways). i hope it works out!

edkrak
126 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

mpowell wrote:
CosmicMonkey wrote:Hey, I've been trying to submit the greatest video game of all-time (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) but am dissappointed to find out the Nintendo 64 isn't available as a console for submission. Will more consoles be added in the future?

Check again, it's been added! Actually we already had Nintendo 64 in the system, but because there weren't any games yet associated with this platform, it didn't appear in the list of platforms to choose from.

(We order the list of platforms on the Submissions page by the number of games associated to them. Apparently, 0 games makes them not appear. This won't be an issue as the database grows, but for now it's a little annoying.)

So is there any trick to add invisible platforms? Or do we have to ask you to do that? I'd love to rate some games for:
NES
SNES
Arcade

AFlickering
218 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

are there really no ratings on the site so far or is this a bug? i'm not seeing ratings on any game pages i click, even the stuff that's at the top when i sort by #rankings. (i haven't rated anything myself yet, maybe that's why?)

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Also, I suggest changing the "Criticker" image to say Criticker Movies (or say Criticker Movies and TV), just like how the games one says Criticker Games.

AFlickering
218 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
AFlickering wrote:are there really no ratings on the site so far or is this a bug? i'm not seeing ratings on any game pages i click, even the stuff that's at the top when i sort by #rankings. (i haven't rated anything myself yet, maybe that's why?)

I had the same problem before, it's because ratings are sorted by TCI by default, but if you don't have enough ratings to generate a TCI then none of the reviews will show up. If you sort by "Date ranked" then all the reviews fora game should show up.

spot on, cheers.

lisa-
176 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

well, someone uploaded the wrong poster for this: https://games.criticker.com/game/The-Le ... es-Trails/

and it's not showing in nihon falcom's database either.

edit: how do i add a parent to an expansion?

VinegarBob
100 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

It's a cool idea for an update to the site and is quite exciting! Two points though:

1. Board games shouldn't be included imo. You're never going to be able to compete with Boardgamegeek on that front and imo would do better to concentrate on having the most comprehensive Videogame database - no small task. Speaking of which...

2. I couldn't find 3 of the first 4 queries I put in the search bar (some of my favourite games): Fallout New Vegas, Supreme Commander and Sniper Elite. The 4th query was Skyrim, which I put in as an act of desperation after finding nothing for the others - which are not obscure games.

Not sure how the games are being added. If it's by users then I suppose it will take a while to get going.

lisa-
176 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

extended editions and remasters etc should not be separate entries here; it only serves to dilute PSI and TCI generation.

CosmicMonkey
122 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

C'mon! You don't want to rank Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II, Super Turbo Street Fighter II, Ultra Turbo Street Fighter II and Ultra Turbo Street Fighter II Ultimate Hyper-Fighting Championship Edition DX separately? They're all like, completely different from one another!

Jokes aside, I agree with you fully, -Lisa. I think we should use the same criteria for submitting video games as we do for films and TV shows; whether that game has an imdb page or not. It helps standardize rules for acceptance, and prevents people from uploading false games. Also imdb generally doesn't not list remakes and extended editions separately. I.e. there is only one entry for Last of Us, Skyrim and GTA V and no separate entry for their HD re-relaeases or GOTY editions. Futhermore, it;ll people to import their imdb ratings for videogames if they so wish to (a feature that has already been requested)

lisa-
176 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

imdb would be a terrible idea, their database is abysmal. it'd have to be something else.