All of My Rankings Are Gone

Criticker had a big update on January 12th, introducing games. Almost every aspect of the website was touched, every database table and back-end file. Please report any bugs in this forum, and we'll get them fixed up as soon as possible.
Matthew Parkinson
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

All of My Rankings Are Gone

Post by Matthew Parkinson »

Title says it all. This update wiped my rankings, it seems.

(The number shows up on the forums, but I currently have 0 rankings.)

Matthew Parkinson
0 Ratings

Re: All of My Rankings Are Gone

Post by Matthew Parkinson »

Never mind I'm stupid I didn't realize clicking on "Games" brings you to a separate "site."

mpowell
21 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, we knew that might be confusing... and even considered having a second line saying "0 Game Rankings, 343 Film Rankings". But we quickly realized that would be unworkable, if (once) we expand to other versions. And I think people will generally figure it out as quickly as you did.

kritikos
0 Ratings

Post by kritikos »

Why not use just "X Game Rankings" to remind people of it? You don't need to list the other types of ratings.

mpowell
21 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

kritikos wrote:Why not use just "X Game Rankings" to remind people of it? You don't need to list the other types of ratings.

This is a good idea. There's a problem with what we might be able to say for "regular" Criticker. Since there are both films and TV shows (and shorts), it's not accurate to say "1344 film rankings". And "1344 title rankings" is irritating. Maybe the solution is to just do it for games.