Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
dardan
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by dardan »

Yes, it it Army of Shadows.

frederic_g54

Post by frederic_g54 »

More shadows for ya, folks:

frederic_g54

Post by frederic_g54 »

frederic_g54

Post by frederic_g54 »

Clue: One of the director's other films contains what's arguably the greatest car chase ever.

CMonster

Post by CMonster »

When people say great car chases, my go to movie for critically acclaimed car chases is John Frankenheimer's Ronin. Lucky for me, he started directing when films were black and white. Unluckily for me, I haven't really seen any of them. I did find that 1966's Grand Prix was in color while 1966's Seconds was in black and white. Then it was a process of elimination of what you had seen from those films from Seconds or before from Frankenheimer. That narrowed it down to just 2 films. First picture seemed ominous enough so I'm going with The Manchurian Candidate (1962).

I sure hope I'm right after thinking though all that.

JSchlansky

Post by JSchlansky »

You beat me to it CMonster I think you're right, I was just doing the same process. My go to wasn't Ronin, I knew it wasn't Tarantino with Death Proof, then checked French Connection, Blues Brothers, Bullit, Vanishing Point, Gone in the Sixty Seconds, Dirty Larry Crazy Mary, and The Seven Ups. Ronin wasn't even on my radar, I need to rewatch that one

philamental

Post by philamental »

brickwall wrote:Ronin wasn't even on my radar, I need to rewatch that one

This is definitely one of my favourite things about this thread. It frequently provides reasons or reminders to rewatch a film, or even to watch it for the first time. I haven't watched Ronin since it's initial home video release, so it's well overdue a revisit from me as well.

frederic_g54

Post by frederic_g54 »

CMonster wrote:...First picture seemed ominous enough so I'm going with The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Your process of elimination is right on the money CMonster. The film in question, however, is Seconds, but since you mentioned it as well, I don't think anyone will mind if you post the next image.

CMonster

Post by CMonster »

frederic_g54 wrote:
Your process of elimination is right on the money CMonster. The film in question, however, is Seconds, but since you mentioned it as well, I don't think anyone will mind if you post the next image.

Haha, that was my only other guess. Some of the older Frankenheimer movies have been on my watch list for a while, guess I should finally watch them. Also, watching Ronin is definitely worth it for the car chases alone.

CMonster

Post by CMonster »