Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mattorama12
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by mattorama12 »

The Impossible?

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

thrown a bit by the aspect ratio, but my brain is saying kate winslet.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

mattorama12 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:16 pm
The Impossible?
No. But you are right, the colors are very similar.

paulofilmo wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm
thrown a bit by the aspect ratio, but my brain is saying kate winslet.
no, sorry :|

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

image #2
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (53.47 KiB) Viewed 940 times

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Should we tell fellow players when they are guessing but have not rated the film in question ?

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

livelove wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 am
Should we tell fellow players when they are guessing but have not rated the film in question ?
That's entirely up to you. I don't think it's done generally but I know some including myself have done it in the past on occasion if they feel a player is showing a particular interest in the images being played, and so might tell them if they have or haven't rated the movie.

As for the images played, I don't think I've seen anyone post a second image which was just a few frames after the first, and you've highlighted this as being a key or unforgettable scene so I'm definitely intrigued to find out more about this when the answer is revealed as it looks so innocuous. I'm constantly reminded of the alleyway behind the diner scene in Mulholland Drive where that otherwise innocuous image of the alleyway corner is so memorable to anyone who saw it! :D

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

philamental wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:33 am
That's entirely up to you. I don't think it's done generally but I know some including myself have done it in the past on occasion if they feel a player is showing a particular interest in the images being played, and so might tell them if they have or haven't rated the movie.
Ok, I'm torn. I feel very bad, thinking how someone might put in his/her best effort completely in vain. Like:
doorknob-.jpg
doorknob-.jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 834 times
(Mind you, this is not the next hint and not a still from the movie in question.)

On the other hand, I'm really afraid of your sleuthing powers now, which will inevitably prey with all their might on my tiny, little, innocent, undiscovered movie. If all those I tell become sleuths, it will become very dangerous for it ... So what shall I do ... ?

Hm, maybe keep them busy and distracted with a little side-game ?
To save you from boredom, you might guess the more easily guessable movie above, which doesn't count as a replacement though. :P
Last edited by livelove on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

hint #3: None of the players participating so far have ranked the movie.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

philamental wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:33 am
As for the images played, I don't think I've seen anyone post a second image which was just a few frames after the first, and you've highlighted this as being a key or unforgettable scene so I'm definitely intrigued to find out more about this when the answer is revealed as it looks so innocuous.
Yes, it is not laziness. There is method to my madness. I think. :shock: Next image coming soon.

hint #4: look closer!

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Well this is fun regardless! :D

I think the other image is from 'Joker' ?

As for 'look closer', I tried to do that already. My gut instinct was that there was something in the trees near the little girl, as if it was about to snatch her in the coming moments, which is the type of thing that would be shockingly memorable, but may again be influenced by my Mulholland Drive thought process. The other thing that is in my head is that the empty seat is quite prominent in the shot composition which might mean something, but unless Ant Man is sitting on it, I'm not sure how I can look closer at it! :D

The only real difference between the two images is that the woman in the foreground has moved slightly from blocking one seated lady to another. I don't recognise either nor see anything about them that would serve as a hint to the answer.