Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

Lady Snowblood?

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Dangit I just watched that

offlineoz
66 Ratings

Post by offlineoz »

lady snowblood is correct

DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

That's Fincher's 'The Game'. One of my favourite directors but I f***ing hate that movie :(

DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

Really? I love The Game

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Yeah ... ('The Game' spoilers follow and the spoiler tags aren't working)

I think my main problem with it is that in a movie called 'The Game' where it is made very clear at the start that the main character is about to get involved in 'A Game', and during every point of what follows the most obvious explanation is that it is simply 'A Game', it ends with the supposed big twist reveal that it has all been ... surprise surprise .... 'A GAME'! :roll: It was just an utterly disappointing experience after the genius of Se7en and to this day I can't see what the point of it was and what attracted DF to it in the first place.

... but apart from that, it's certainly a great looking movie as is usually the case with Fincher ... anyhoo ... 8-)

https://i.postimg.cc/YCRQGmQx/Untitled.jpg

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Is that a Kirk Douglas tribute I see?

SPARTACUS

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

"during every point of what follows the most obvious explanation is that it is simply 'A Game'"

Not necessarily. When you watch Funny Games, did you think that "Any minute now, Zach Braff will show up and make a Seinfeld expression."?

"Game" could refer to lots of things. You're only saying this because after watching the film, you thought that "Huh, that really was a game."

I don't think anybody repeat to themselves during the first watch "It's just a game, it's just a game...". Only after the film we understood that it was just a game. And a very good one indeed. After all, the Hunger Games were just games too. A game could be anything.

@I was going to write an answer but I also don't want to hijack the topic.
So long "fella" !
Last edited by coffee on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

@Maax ... yes and yes! RIP Mr Douglas

@coffee ... with respect fella I have no idea of the point you are making as you can't possibly know how I did or didn't view the movie when I saw it. I can honestly say that the first time I watched it, all the way through I never thought anything other than all the events in the film that were happening to Kirk's son were just part of the game that Penn had indicated he had signed him up for. Happy for anyone who enjoyed it but I was waiting for some twist that would make what I was watching worthwhile and in the end it never came making the experience an utter let down. Se7en is still my all time favourite movie and had an ending that I never saw coming and that crushed me when I first saw it (a long story I wont bore you all with) so when Fincher followed it up with 'The Game' I didn't expect such 'obvious' predictable fare from my own perspective. Happy to agree to disagree if you can't accept what I'm saying as I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I've already done.

Over to you, Maax :)