Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
offlineoz
66 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by offlineoz »

crazy how the last image took 5 days and a couple of condescending posts to get the right answer

when freddies just took an hour.

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

I'll be the devil's advocate.

I hate long rounds with too few clues, hence my soft bump with SNL after two days of radio silence, but I believe jules' heart is in the right place despite the lack of finesse in his delivery. Believe me, during my 10+ years here, I have seen much much worse, like serious a-holes that would stall the game with just a screenshot from a 1960s shitty western for two weeks, or the same people would consistently forget and not update for days on end. Jules is new to this thread, and I can easily see his enthusiasm. He may be having trouble reading the room, or just assuming too much about a Wachowski picture, which I can totally relate to *cough* Planet of the Apes reboot by Tim Burton *cough*. His clue for his first movie was too easy, now he is on the other end of the spectrum. He's figuring it out. (Shit, I still haven't figured it out, how the f--k did you guys get Back to the Future from that pic in a few hours?? That was supposed to be the hardest clue!)

Plus, there are age barriers, language and culture barriers, preferences and personal choices that don't mix and match, and when you add worldwide quarantine conditions, shit can get a little weird. I went to a liquor shop yesterday, and there was a sign that requested people not to make jokes inside, especially about the virus (I'm guessing it had something to do with a certain brand of beer), I mean how crazy is that?

So [insert some motivational shit about brother/sisterhood a la united colors of benetton + imagine by John Lennon].

TLDR version: the more the merrier.

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Sorry guys tried to post all day yesterday and kept getting an error. It's doing the same thing now, but I think it will work so long as I don't try to embed the pic in the post.

If this one's too hard I'll post a string of images, and it'll be my bad for being unreasonable and not yours for not being able to guess. let's have some fun!

https://i.imgur.com/y3jukVS.jpg

FreddieQuell
0 Ratings

Post by FreddieQuell »

hmmmm i'll take a guess

Rome, Open City?

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Yeah, thanks, Bowfinger, I agree with you.

For the record, I've seen Back to the Future atleast 20-30 times, so it'd be surprising if there was a frame in it I didn't recognize. Actually I have a pretty stellar visual memory and am pretty good at recognizing most films (especially colour films) I've seen in the last decade. (I was right, I had seen that brick tower before! But I watched Kelly's Heroes 15 years ago on cable, and never would've thought of guessing it.) The problem is, I've seen a lot fewer films than most of the regulars here. Unless you spend the time visiting every single user's page, there's no way of guessing if there's a super-fan of that film lurking in the shadows. Or the opposite can be true, a film you assume everyone knows pretty well, but just happens not to be that well-known in this forum. Since it can be so hard to predict this stuff, I think just, in general, if no one has guessed it correctly within 48 hours, posters should follow-up with another image or clue, and continue to do so until someone gets it.

Also, I was going to guess Rome Open City, too, but somebody guessed that in the time it took my to type this up, so, gonna cover the other Rossellini bases and go with.... Paisan, I guess?

offlineoz
66 Ratings

Post by offlineoz »

i think that just might be Rome in 2020 just in greyscale

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

@CosmicMonkey: Paisan, I guess?

Yes, very good guess! I guess that wasn't as hard as I was thinking it would be.

This image might help give it context though:

https://i.imgur.com/OILf2vm.jpg

(man, it seems like quotes also aren't working for me. It seems unable to post anything with a bracket.)

offlineoz
66 Ratings

Post by offlineoz »

@Presto, hasn't been working for a while for me either

FreddieQuell
0 Ratings

Post by FreddieQuell »

Stromboli?

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

@FreddieQuell: Stromboli?

If I wasn't clear, @CosmicMonkey got it and it was Paisan.