Those Horrible Movies You Loved as a Kid?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
ShogunRua
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Those Horrible Movies You Loved as a Kid?

Post by ShogunRua »

Stain wrote:History of the World Part I.

Pretentiousness at its finest. Anyone who thinks that movie is "horrible" has worthless opinions when it comes to comedy. It's one thing to say that it wasn't great or enjoyable for you, or even average/mediocre, but horrible? Clearly, watching thousands of films doesn't always improve taste.

JooJoo
0 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

ShogunRua wrote:

Pretentiousness at its finest. Anyone who thinks that movie is "horrible" has worthless opinions when it comes to comedy. It's one thing to say that it wasn't great or enjoyable for you, or even average/mediocre, but horrible? Clearly, watching thousands of films doesn't always improve taste.

lol who gets this riled up over a Mel Brooks movie?

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Dunston Checks In and Johnny Tsunami.

good times

eaf
0 Ratings

Post by eaf »

I'm probably dating myself, but I always looked forward to the next Jerry Lewis movie. There was just something familiar and non-threatening about his doofy characters. You never had to feel inferior to him!

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

OH MY GOD! Johnny Tsunami was the shit. But Brink was way better! I still love it

Loerst
0 Ratings

Post by Loerst »

As a kid I would put "Conan the Destroyer" as one of the top movies of all times, I saw it several times.

A few weeks ago I saw it again on one of those local TV's at 2 AM and struggled to watch first 20 minutes then turned it off as it was simply too awful. I have no idea what went in my head on those early days.

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

Loerst wrote:As a kid I would put "Conan the Destroyer" as one of the top movies of all times, I saw it several times.

A few weeks ago I saw it again on one of those local TV's at 2 AM and struggled to watch first 20 minutes then turned it off as it was simply too awful. I have no idea what went in my head on those early days.

i can see how somebody might dislike conan, but i have a special place in my heart for 80's buff guy movies.

Stain
0 Ratings

Post by Stain »

Luna6ix wrote:

stain showing off his age.

Eh? *inserts earhorn into one ear, while shifting weight to his other side where he holds his cane* What's that, sonny? Speak up, please.

When I actually am old and gray, if I need to use a cane, I'm going to wield a cane with a silver wolf's head just like Claude Rains does in The Wolf Man. I may eventually need to use two of them, but that would be way cooler than a walker. I'll suffer accordingly, to be sure, but what a small price to pay.

I also plan to be still going to the pictures regularly when I am 90, even if I have to bring a caregiver along whenever I go out. I am also willing to pay well above market if she is young, cute, and willing to answer to "Vulnavia".

Stain
0 Ratings

Post by Stain »

Hopscotch wrote:No fighting on the board :evil:

Stain's cool, he just has unique taste; rates what he feels.

I just remembered that I posted to this thread just now. Thank you for putting me up in my absence.

Some people just love to pick fights for the most silly, arbitrary reasons, I swear. It seems like just yesterday that I was reading the Usenet group alt.cult-movies in 1992... back when the group was more than just spam... and some joker from Carnegie-Mellon University flamed somebody else just for not liking Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I laughed heartily at the counterflames.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Waterworld

And really fond memories:

The tattoo kid with the music box (or something), eco-dystopia.

Good stuff.

Quite amazing that I was able to believe the chap from Dances With Wolves had never seen dry land and was actually some kind of fish-man.