How often do you write Mini-Reviews?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
ShogunRua
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How often do you write Mini-Reviews?

Post by ShogunRua »

Darko wrote:every movie.

You're at 2704/4096, and while "good movie" or "okay" technically count as "reviews", it doesn't say anything more than what can be gleaned from a mere score.

edkrak wrote:My mini-review writing depends on few factors. I don't like forcing myself to write, so I'm waiting for reviews to spontaneously show up in my head.

I'm often the same way. However, I find that more reviews pop up in my head the more I write. Thus, forcing oneself, at least in the beginning, is a good approach.

In related news, I just wrote my 1,800th mini-review earlier today.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:In related news, I just wrote my 1,800th mini-review earlier today.

Grats!

lisa-
192 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

i've written 347/657 mini-reviews, and i do one for every movie i see now. but i can't remember much about a lot of those family films i saw as a kid, so...

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

3137 mini reviews. I write a review every time now, but still have 992 films without one. Mostly movies I have pegged for re-watch or shorts/cartoons.

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

6 years since the last post in this thread (time flies)....how is everyone doing with their mini-review projects?

I'm glad to say I've managed to keep up with current viewing, and currently have 3,024 reviews for 3,024 ratings.

BillyShears
1938 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

2707/4286 with reviews. I’m slime.

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Filthy casual. ;)

BabyBlue42
Ratings

Post by BabyBlue42 »

Well I'm fairly new to this site, but I don't think I've written any mini-reviews yet. I generally don't know how to put my feelings about a film into words. Even deciding on a rating, I'm often just thinking 'this film feels like a 92 to me' or something, but I don't have much of a logical basis for why it does.

That was what I rated 'Split' just now, but someone with a TCI of 19 to me rated it a 0, but they rated Aquaman 100, so I kind of think I'm not the only one without a logical basis for their rating system, lol.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

If I don't jot something down, I'll forget the movie in a month. That said, I usually put off writing until I'm at the precipice of forgetfulness.

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

BabyBlue42 wrote:so I kind of think I'm not the only one without a logical basis for their rating system, lol.

No, you are definitely not. Most people rate the way you do. I do to. There are some people who break down their score into categories such as x points for cinematography, x for acting etc., but they are a rarity.