What do you screen your movies on?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Scottathon
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

What do you screen your movies on?

Post by Scottathon »

Seeing as I almost never buy or rent DVDs, I watch stuff I've downloaded on a computer hooked up to a 46'' Sharp HDTV I got a couple of years ago. I've been considering getting some sort of sound system to accompany it, but the speakers are pretty respectable, so I've been putting it off.

Overall, I think it's a decent setup. I sit pretty close to it in a comfortable recliner, so I can get it to fill as much of a my field of view as possible. When I eventually move somewhere else, I hope I have a good amount of space so I can have a good excuse to buy a 1080p projector.

How do you folks typically screen things for yourselves?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: What do you screen your movies on?

Post by ShogunRua »

External computer monitor for most things, and a friend's giant, extra-wide, gorgeous HD flat screen for a few films that deserve to be watched in such a format!

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

on my iphone as david lynch yells at me

freqflyer
0 Ratings

Post by freqflyer »

Samsung 32 inch flatscreen, with PS3 for BluRay and an external hard drive I can use to hotswap computer files to play directly on the tv.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Never owned a tv. Depending on my investment with the film in question, it either goes to 22' computer monitor(this may be coupled with doing other things on the twin monitor) or hd projector. I isolated this room from sun light, so total darkness is attainable even in daytime, but projector lamp life is always a consideration.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

14'' laptop screen or HD samsung tv if my folks aren't using it and i can be bothered to get/burn the dvd

mery
0 Ratings

Post by mery »

56 inch Samsung Flatscreen...

astrakhan
0 Ratings

Post by astrakhan »

17" laptop screen. It sounds small but the picture is leagues ahead of the 14" TV/video combi I had in the 90s. I think I sit about 60-100cm away. And I think I enjoy films more on here than on the 42" TV upstairs.

omgfridge
35 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

A combination of my 30 odd" HD tv in my room and my computer. Occasionally the 50" with the couch but not so often, prefer my room. Also obviously the cinema.

Forced to download a lot due no cinemas that play old movies or the fact that video stores around here have limited range.

Actually work in a video store so I do watch a lot of my films on dvd/bluray. Usually if I'm fairly excited about a film I downloaded, I'll end up watching it on my TV.

astrakhan
0 Ratings

Post by astrakhan »

OMGFridge wrote:Forced to download a lot due no cinemas that play old movies or the fact that video stores around here have limited range.

Actually work in a video store so I do watch a lot of my films on dvd/bluray.

Lol, the phrases "forced to download a lot" and "work in a video store" paint an odd picture. Couldn't you quite easily Netflix the stuff that's not in your store?