Legal way to watch your favorite TV Show online

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
vincente
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Legal way to watch your favorite TV Show online

Post by vincente »

Just blogged about Hulu on the Criticker Blog but since the numbers of invites are limited I thought I should post something here too. Hulu only streams to users in the US, get your invite here.

Since we are in Ireland, it does not work for us. So How is it? Does it work well?

CitizenX
0 Ratings

Re: Legal way to watch your favorite TV Show online

Post by CitizenX »

not tried, but doesnt it work with some proxy or ssh tunneling over some server in the usa?

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

I tried that with Zattoo - didn't work! Which sucks because I am really eager to watch my German channels.

TheAlliance
0 Ratings

Post by TheAlliance »

Well, i just download them.. It's 'legal' to download, but illegal to upload/share in The Netherlands,.. As far as i know :D It's like out drugs policy, by law it's illegal/not allowed, but we don't enforce the rules.. But still, i believe the laws/rules for downloading are different.

If i never downloaded a TV show i probably never bought all 24 Seasons on DVD, all Prison Break seasons so far and many other shows and movies. My shared DVD collection is heading towards 400 dvds right now.. i'm even about to receive 10+ new DVDs this weekend/next week from Play.com's monster-discount thing that's going on lately, besides that i visit the cinema about 30-35 times a year.. depends on the quality of films. Of course, for some, 400 dvds is still a low amount, but for me it's 1/3 of the films i remembered (and ranked) here on Criticker. Pretty decent ratio in my opinion.

If we had something like the RIAA here in Holland/The Netherlands, i probably won't download any copyrighted stuff anymore, but probably the older movies that are .. what do you call it.. free domain? But i think by that time things changed for the better...atleast i hope so.