2012 US Presidential Elections

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
cameron326
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: 2012 US Presidential Elections

Post by cameron326 »

Except the leading Republican candidates have said gay marriage is an issue they would leave up to individual states to decide, and this is already the case with abortions, and has been for the past few decades. Way to pay attention to policies while throwing out more garbage statements.

I would leave it up to individual people to decide, but there you go.
Me live in the US? Whatever gave you that idea?

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

ShogunRua wrote:
iceblox wrote:What do you guys think of Ron Paul?

In all seriousness, Ron Paul has some decent, intelligent ideas, and several questionable ones. He's a respectable candidate.

If you don't mind me asking, which ideas of his are questionable?

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I liked Ron Paul in Bruno.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

iceblox wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:
iceblox wrote:What do you guys think of Ron Paul?

In all seriousness, Ron Paul has some decent, intelligent ideas, and several questionable ones. He's a respectable candidate.

If you don't mind me asking, which ideas of his are questionable?

he thinks that if you build unsafe cars then people just won't buy them because humans act like rational beings

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

prowler wrote:he thinks that if you build unsafe cars then people just won't buy them because humans act like rational beings

Is that an exact quote or are you just putting words in his mouth? Even one of the biggest consumer advocates, Ralph Nader, who back in 1965 wrote the bestseller 'Unsafe at Any Speed' critiquing the car industry, and who is actually a leftist, is supporting Ron Paul, so I am not sure what is this thing about unsafe cars.

CMonster
229 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

ShogunRua wrote:I'll vote, but it probably won't make much difference, since a huge portion of the country will re-elect our incumbent because of his skin color and the "D" by his name, despite his presidency being one of the worst in US history. One that is so bad, in fact, that it makes Bush Jr. (a terrible president) look positively great by comparison.

Real unemployment rate up from 9% during Bush to 16+% now under Obama (despite supposed improvements), crumbling economy, diminishing influence overseas, lack of respect from any foreign government, insane levels of federal corruption (the Secretary of the Treasury owing back taxes is just the tip of the iceberg...), and numerous policies that show a complete lack of understanding of basic economics.
Pickpocket wrote: I agree with all of this minus this part
ShogunRua wrote:I'll vote

Sounds about right.

Also, I gotta ask Shogun how your mom is in the second highest tax bracket but can't seem to afford anything? Is it because where she lives is to expensive and she refuses to move or is she bad with money? I know my parents live in Alaska where its very expensive to live (and they aren't near the second highest tax bracket), but yet they have retirement savings. If you can't live off $174,400 (at minimum) and have some left over for savings, clearly something is wrong. I was also under the impression that most (or at least many) people retired at 65, not 56. She still should have a good 9 years to beef up her retirement savings. What I'm saying is that you should stick to facts over anecdotes because they are much more convincing. Anecdotes that appeal to our sympathetic nature should be about tragedy or drama or depression rather than people who make more money than most other people not having enough money.

ayall
0 Ratings

Post by ayall »

Bojangles wrote:
ayall wrote: Herman Cain, Perry, Romney, Bachmann; all pretty pathetic candidates with extremest views in a country moving more towards the middle... i don't see any of them bringing a strong fight.

Only Bachmann is extremist, the rest are just acting like it for the base. Rick Perry is extremely corrupt, but just your average R otherwise. Herman Cain is just extremely funny. His campaign is only a notch more serious than the one that I imagine President 'Mountain Dew' Camacho from Idiocracy might run. I wish that guy the best of luck.

Cain = Jackass with no political experience. I remember when the GOPs complained in 2008 that Obama didn't have enough "political experience," well if Obama didn't have enough, Cain has "negative political experience."
It's easy to say we want to go from Point A to Point E, but if one can't comprehend the steps in-between, it's doomed for failure.

Bachmann = Dumb Cunt wishing to follow the palin path. Simply put, this dumb cunt represents the (thankfully) fading Knights of Columbus Klan. With the Hispanic minority becoming the majority, this dumb bitch will hopefully move to Sweeden and bask in the glory of her redneck roots, which will never again dominates the earth.

Perry = Guy trying to be GWB. Unfortunately Perry didn't have a father who was a former president. Rick is a loud mouth who i can easily see ruining international relationships, maybe making the USA even more hated then when Bush wore the crown. In a world becoming more and more assimilated, we need a leader who knows to keep our friends close and our enemies closer.

Romney = Likely the guy to represent the GOP against Obama in 2012, and the perfect representative of the top 1%. Unfortunately for Mitt, he's gotta win more then 1% of the votes to get into office(money alone can't buy the potus title). Romney who has no concept or idea of the bottom 99%, is so out of touch with the country population, that his idiotic Moron religious views are the perfect example of why he's unfit for office. Mormon = dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb ...http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104253/joseph-smith-part-1

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

iceblox wrote:If you don't mind me asking, which ideas of his are questionable?

There are plenty, but I won't go into them, you should be able to find them elsewhere on the internet. I don't feel like getting attacked by some of the more aggressive members of this forum. Let's just say I don't like the guy and feel he wants to retrogress this country back to the 1800s. He is definitely not the middle of the road that you made him out to be. In fact he is probably one of the more extreme candidates.

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

dougied89 wrote:
iceblox wrote:If you don't mind me asking, which ideas of his are questionable?

There are plenty, but I won't go into them, you should be able to find them elsewhere on the internet. I don't feel like getting attacked by some of the more aggressive members of this forum. Let's just say I don't like the guy and feel he wants to retrogress this country back to the 1800s. He is definitely not the middle of the road that you made him out to be. In fact he is probably one of the more extreme candidates.

I perfectly know what his positions are on every issue and although most of them are not the conventional soundbites you hear often, they make perfect sense when you read up more on them. I am asking what you are finding offensive so that I could clear them up for you, if you will permit. Remember that everything he says or does is based on the Constitution and what the Founding Father's ideas were for the country, so if he is extreme as you say, then so is the Constitution and the Founding Fathers.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

iceblox wrote:
prowler wrote:he thinks that if you build unsafe cars then people just won't buy them because humans act like rational beings

Is that an exact quote or are you just putting words in his mouth?

it's a quote from the only rep debate i watched this year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nItOUqiB5Y

don't get me wrong i like the guy, he's certainly more interesting than the other GOPers but let's be honest, he's insane :)