How Criticker fits into my personal movie recommendations...

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Quicky
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How Criticker fits into my personal movie recommendations...

Post by Quicky »

td888 wrote:[...] If there's an option to display the rankings in a diagram, you get a much better idea about the rankings in general. In my case there'll be a misformed bell-curve, maybe other users will have two overlapping curves, etc... But if gives an better insight in the spread of your rankings and how to 'correct' or 'optimize' them.

Your wish is my command... ;)

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

A new list for KGB with the new ratings spread graph: http://thequicky.net/files/kgb-qmdb-rec ... tions4.pdf

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Quicky wrote:Your wish is my command... ;)

Ha, great! That's exactly what i mean. The curve is not too bad... :) Now I need to adjust my rankings so that the top of the curve goes more to the right (like a top in the 70's) and get more gradual flow from average movies to bad movies...

Ahh, this is fun, time to get my excel-skills out of the closet again this weekend..... ;)

Philip
0 Ratings

Post by Philip »

Quicky wrote:A new list for KGB with the new ratings spread graph: http://thequicky.net/files/kgb-qmdb-rec ... tions4.pdf

Interesting that KGB's rankings are so spread out, there isn't really any single distinguishable "bell". Maybe the 10% system might actually work better then a bell system, at least for KGB?

AFlickering
287 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

how's my spread look out of interest?

AFlickering
287 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

Quicky wrote:It seems I'm also pretty much the only one who favours the more recent movies over the older ones :|. I guess I don't appreciate classics as much as I should :-S.

The only reason my ratings suggest I prefer older movies is because I've seen so much trash from the last decade or so, and because almost all the old films I've watched have been widely rated classics. It's much easier to avoid rubbish when decades of discussion has knocked it off the map. I have a very modern mindset in many ways so I suspect with a more even spread of viewing I'd potentially favour recent movies too. Kind of hard to say though.

allisoncm
0 Ratings

Post by allisoncm »

older movies are sadly overlooked and are oftentimes better than the trash put out today. I don't like this system of rating.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Well, I try to vary my films as much as possible... Sometimes I even see bad/mediocre films on purpose for some balance.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied for 2 days. I was away participating in the 'Batavierenrace' :).

I'll update your list later tonight, AFlickering.

AFlickering wrote:It's much easier to avoid rubbish when decades of discussion has knocked it off the map.

Myeah, you've got a point. Maybe using the age parameter generates too much of a bias in this way. Something to think about...

allisoncm wrote:older movies are sadly overlooked and are oftentimes better than the trash put out today. I don't like this system of rating.

What do you mean with "I don't like this system of rating." What system of rating are you talking about? And why don't you like it in regards to what you're saying about older movies being sadly overlooked?

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »