Canvassing opinions on TV series

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
VinegarBob
30 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Canvassing opinions on TV series

Post by VinegarBob »

I just finished watching the first episode of Too Old To Die Young and I'm loving it. The cinematography alone is worth watching for. If the rest of the season holds up to the first episode it'll be one of the best things I've seen on TV.

Victoriouz
23 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

gabba2k7 wrote:btw, any site that showing tv series schedule in comfy calendar-ish table? the one i use is down rn. i remember finding something similar but it was some time ago so no idea .

Is it this one? http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

I use a lot of different sites to track my shows and that is the best calendar-based one IMO

Anomaly
0 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

I'm a few months late for this, but Netflix recently added the (in)famous anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion and its film finale, The End of Evangelion, to its streaming catalog. I first watched Evangelion when I was 15, and it had a profound effect on the young me. What begins as a more thoughtful take on the giant robot genre soon dives deep into the creator Hideaki Anno's own depression and angst, and as someone who's struggled with depression over the years, I related very hard. And apparently a lot of other people did too, considering Evangelion's massive success and equally massive influence not just among other anime series, but even more recent western works as well.

I rewatched it this summer for the fourth(?) time after Netflix made it available, and while some aspects have superficially aged, Evangelion remains just as powerful as ever. Every frame is so full of detail and meaning, all framed perfectly. Anno's direction is magnificent, and his utilization of postmodern editing techniques to get us into the character's heads is the best I've ever seen. If you've ever felt down, or struggled to relate to others, then I highly recommend this anime classic.