You're making a movie...

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Spanks
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

You're making a movie...

Post by Spanks »

I'm not sure if something like this has already been in a thread here, but here are the rules:

You've been given free range on making a film. Disregarding time periods, you need to choose a director, writer, and five actors/actresses to star.

For example:

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson
Writer: David Simon
Actors/Actresses:
Marlon Brando
Natalie Portman
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Ryan Gosling
Ingrid Bergman

Your turn.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Re: You're making a movie...

Post by edkrak »

Emanuelle in Outer Space (1980)
Erotic sci-fi that cash ins on "Alien" success.
Plot:
There are rumors of alien rapes taking place on spaceships flying out of Solar System. Emanuelle is as usual sent by her magazine to investigate the case.

Director: Joe D'Amato
Writer: Kazuo 'Gaira' Komizu
Starring:
Laura Gemser as Emanuelle
Christopher Walken as Ship Commander
Gloria Guida as Nymphomaniac Bimbo
Klaus Kinski as Janitor (I hate the guy and his acting, so he doesn't get any lines and is only visible in the background sweeping floors while main characters roam through corridors and try to fight the alien)
Peter Bark as The Overlord of the Universe (makes his astounding presence in the grand finale)
Samuel L. Jackson as Nameless Black Guy Who Dies First

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

edkrak wrote:Emanuelle in Outer Space (1980)
Plot:
There are rumors of alien rapes taking place on spaceships flying out of Solar System. Emanuelle is as usual sent by her magazine to investigate the case.

Starring:
Klaus Kinski as Janitor (I hate the guy and his acting, so he doesn't get any lines and is only visible in the background sweeping floors while main characters roam through corridors and try to fight the alien)
Peter Bark as The Overlord of the Universe (makes his astounding presence in the grand finale)

Excellent (and funny), and points out that you should say something about the movie you're making. I've gotta think.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

Stewball wrote:points out that you should say something about the movie you're making.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. While sixx's personal choices are quite interesting, reading them seems a bit boring without some backstory.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Jupiter Rising
A modern, graphically erotic, philosophical love story, with plentiful on and off screen music.

Director: The Coen Brothers
Jupiter: Colin Farrell
Juno: Madonna
Venus: Anna Kendrick
Diana: Uma Thurman
Minerva: Mila Kunis
Apollo/Mercury combo: Bradley Cooper
Philosopher/computer whiz/Oracle/down to earth mortal: Emma Stone
Pluto (Hades): Wesley Snipes
Frequent cameos such as George Clooney chained to the Prudential Building while buzzards eat his liver, and Jodie Foster as a down on her luck prostitute in the tenderloin district.

Movie opens using requiem footage from Evita where Juno, queen of the gods, lies in state in a transparent coffin, having tragically taken her own life--the only way a goddess can die. Jupiter's three surviving wives scheme and manipulate him to chose them to be Juno's successor. The maneuvering causes all hell (Hades/Pluto) to break loose in Olympus (the California equivalent of Rome, San Francisco), causing Jupiter to seek solace with a human woman, the Oracle of Silicon Valley. But when he gets there, she's cavorting in the shower with Apollo--causing all Hades to break loose there as well.

I checked to make sure there wasn't another movie of that title, and there is Jupiter Ascending (2014), directed by the Wachowski Siblings :roll: , with the following plot line: In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young Russian immigrant janitor who cleans toilets for a living (Mila Kunis as Jupiter Jones), possesses the same perfect genetic makeup as the Queen of the Universe, thus posing a threat to her rule. Channing Tatum is sent to assassinate her but falls in love with her instead. This sounds as interesting as mine so we're in talks to release them in tandem.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Casting report: (this sub-thread has taken on a life of it's own 8-) )

I'm happy to report that we have completed signing all the cast members with Emma deciding to sign on. She was so happy with how negotiations went, she insisted on playing the role Pro Bono for every day I was on the set. I said, "What kind of gigolo do you think I am", to which she just blushed as demanded, "Well?"

But wait, there's more.

When the "goddesses" heard about it, they all insisted on the same contract. I mulled this over while pacing the back lot, but finally ended up deciding to give it the old college try. But then Colin, who wasn't about to give up all his wives to some hack writer, and Bradley who had already been rehearsing the shower scene with Emma, caught up with me. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. My testicular reconstruction surgery went well but the surgeon said it would be 6 months before I'd be able to "work" again. I thought I'd be out of the project until I heard the shooting had been delayed a coincidental 6 months. Image

Then Emma decided to take a sabbatical during the delay, with her family that lives here Phoenix, conveniently close by to the hospital. She's caused something of a local stir here, volunteering as a Pink Lady, and she even arranged for a private suite with an all male nursing staff, insisting she could see to my rehabilitation and therapy. Now it's my turn to blush. :oops: Things are looking up. 8-)

I hope this gets whatever I've got out of my system. With apologies to my sweet-hot. Image

So uhhhh, sixx; you got a story yet?

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

I would pay money to watch edkrak's movie.

After a good 3 or 4 minutes of deliberation, here's mine:

Dir: Sergio Leone
Wri: Akira Kurosawa
Starring:
Toshiro Mifune
Charles Bronson
Lee Marvin
Tatsuya Nakadai
Michael Fassbender

The film would consist of the first 4 men talking about how badass they are for 90 minutes, followed by a 30 minute fight to the finish, Thunderdome style. Fassbender would play the sardonic Japanese-English translator.

martryn
148 Ratings

Post by martryn »

All I want is Joss Whedon to do Stephen R. Donaldson's Gap cycle as a four movie deal starring Jeff Bridges as Angus Thermopyle. I need to go re-read the character descriptions again before I can proceed with any other casting choices.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

edkrak wrote:
Mon May 06, 2013 7:13 am
Emanuelle in Outer Space (1980)
Plot:

Starring:
And finally some concept screens...: