Criticker MOM - October 2014

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Bojangles
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Criticker MOM - October 2014

Post by Bojangles »

My best guess was a wire as well, I'm just impressed at how level they were able to keep the whole thing with a wire that was probably mounted 15 feet above that doorway. idk, but it WAS exciting, wasn't it? Whenever I see something exciting, I want to understand how they achieved that effect. And the sinister echo-laden music makes it all the better. I had to stop halfway through the movie, but that's easily the definitive shot thusfar.

There's similar shots in The Thin Red Line where I don't understand how they got them. Over mounds of terrain, but completely steady and level. Not even any wobble like the above^^ shot.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

thin red line used a badass crane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUGKkHFYBc

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Maybe we could throw together an unofficial MOM for December as a stopgap. Anyone have a movie they'd like to nominate?

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

snallygaster wrote:Maybe we could throw together an unofficial MOM for December as a stopgap. Anyone have a movie they'd like to nominate?

Why not?

Arthouse:
Iluminacja (1973)
B-movie:
The Fruits of Passion (1981)
Short:
Postava k podpírání (1963)

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Great!. I'll add some nominations of my own onto your list, and anyone can do the same. Maybe we could start voting on the 25th or 26th...

Seems like finding film titles is easy but checking their availability can take time.

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Anyone?

Kublai Khan
0 Ratings

Post by Kublai Khan »

snallygaster wrote:Great!. I'll add some nominations of my own onto your list, and anyone can do the same. Maybe we could start voting on the 25th or 26th...

Man, I'm nowhere near as prolific movie buffs as you guys are..

Seems like finding film titles is easy but checking their availability can take time.[/quote]

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Awesome. Let's get this show on the road, as my movie time is limited in December and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Everyone state your votes or just quote the nominations list and update the vote totals yourselves like this:

(Those are my votes)

You can vote for up to two films per category. Edkrak and Kublai Khan, feel free to vote for your own nominations; it only makes sense. Let's vote fast and declare the winners as soon as it seems feasible. If you're reading this, please vote! Even if you're not reading this, vote anyway.