Movies as Catalysts for Positive Change

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Suture Self
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Movies as Catalysts for Positive Change

Post by Suture Self »

Also, you realize the "special report" you linked me to was done by an actual government official, right? He published that report while working for the government. Just so you know. So if you're gonna go the "omg government" route, you should probably go for a different report. The government has historically been in the camp of climate deniers, not the other way around.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Yes, that must be why Obama tweeted out that 97% of scientists agree because the government is in the camp of the non believers. That must be why the government gives out carbon credits. That must be why the government profits off of you thinking this way. That must be why the people who get paid by the government agree with the government. I'm sorry you're a conformist, but please, try to wake up.

Gregzilla
182 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

not related to the current discussion, But still possibly on topic:

A lot of scientists seem to say they've been inspired to get into the field because of Star Trek. But that's a TV show so it doesn't count.

Suture Self
0 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:Yes, that must be why Obama tweeted out that 97% of scientists agree because the government is in the camp of the non believers. That must be why the government gives out carbon credits. That must be why the government profits off of you thinking this way. That must be why the people who get paid by the government agree with the government. I'm sorry you're a conformist, but please, try to wake up.

Wake up, America. Climate change was invented by the government. All the scientists are in on it.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Suture Self wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:Yes, that must be why Obama tweeted out that 97% of scientists agree because the government is in the camp of the non believers. That must be why the government gives out carbon credits. That must be why the government profits off of you thinking this way. That must be why the people who get paid by the government agree with the government. I'm sorry you're a conformist, but please, try to wake up.

Wake up, America. Climate change was invented by the government. All the scientists are in on it.

And here you are contriving my words. I never said they invented it, I said they profit off of it. You think Al Gore hasn't made millions off of this shit? He's a board member on a fucking carbon credit company you sheep! You think a professor getting government money is going to question that? Will you bite the hand that feeds you?

Suture Self
0 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:
Suture Self wrote:

And here you are contriving my words. I never said they invented it, I said they profit off of it. You think Al Gore hasn't made millions off of this shit? He's a board member on a fucking carbon credit company you sheep! You think a professor getting government money is going to question that? Will you bite the hand that feeds you?
That's a separate argument from whether or not it exists and is man-made, though.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:You now become more steadfast in your beliefs. I'm reminded of that study that claimed that when presented with data that contradicted their own beliefs, people will become more steadfast in believing what they thought before.

And that is the last, third rule of SJWs/leftists;

Leftists always double down.

Anyways, it's really funny to watch scientific moron Suture Self defend the honor of An Inconvenient Truth, considering even climate scientists that believe in anthoropogenic global warming...errr "climate change" think the movie is utter shit and filled with junk science. Yes, even the scientists that support your position still feel the movie is complete bunk.

But leftism/social justice is a religion, so a True Believer like Suture Self must fight against all forms of heresy.

dunbar
10 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

This thread took off, mostly thanks to Al Gore's creation... now that's an inconvenient truth.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:You now become more steadfast in your beliefs. I'm reminded of that study that claimed that when presented with data that contradicted their own beliefs, people will become more steadfast in believing what they thought before.

Anyways, it's really funny to watch scientific moron Suture Self defend the honor of An Inconvenient Truth, considering even climate scientists that believe in anthoropogenic global warming...errr "climate change" think the movie is utter shit and filled with junk science. Yes, even the scientists that support your position still feel the movie is complete bunk.

But leftism/social justice is a religion, so a True Believer like Suture Self must fight against all forms of heresy.

You forgot the 4th rule: be overweight. Literally every SJW is fat as hell

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

You forgot the 4th rule: be overweight. Literally every SJW is fat as hell

Heh, that's not entirely true; there are some scrawny SJW fucks, too.

By the way, thanks for linking this piece earlier in the topic;

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6990

It was highly amusing and educational, especially the accompanying video;