How do you rate movies seen long ago ?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How do you rate movies you have seen a long time ago ?

Post by livelove »

@chmul_cr0n: many thanks for your long, interesting explanation

chmul_cr0n wrote:If the plot or a twist was indeed very memorable, you can always adjust for it.
sry, but how can we "adjust" for that? I guess you explain that in the subsequent sentences, but I don't seem to understand :/

And another question:
Isn't there a contradiction when you say that rewatchability matters for the rating...

chmul_cr0n wrote:the fact that the movie holds up after so many times of watching it, and even grew after so many years, and so much familiarity, should definitely have a say in the rating. As it should, if the movie started to suck through the ages.
... and in the next line you say rewatchability (or lack thereof) doesn't matter for the rating:

chmul_cr0n wrote:Not because they became stale, because they weren't meant to be watched 30 million times...

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Re: How do you rate movies seen long ago ?

Post by PrestoBix »

I'm adamant about never rating films except if I have just seen them. I think it's ridiculous to think a person can actually remember all the details of a film and exactly what the experience was like years later. I also allow myself the opportunity to change my ratings, and store my most recent viewing in criticker. It's cool to see how my feelings change upon second viewings. Sometimes the rating goes up, sometimes down.

I've been rating movies for a long time, but in at the beginning of the year in 2012, I starting keeping good track of them. So, since 2012, I have seen 1,062 different movies, This method means that I sometimes finding myself watching movies I've already seen just so I can assign a rating to them and add them to my "have seen" list, but I like rewatching movies, even the not-so-great ones.

Mentaculus
105 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

PrestoBix wrote:I'm adamant about never rating films except if I have just seen them.

Ditto. If I haven't seen a film in a while, and I didn't rate it yet, I'll rewatch it.

levine
261 Ratings

Post by levine »

Yup, I'm the exact same. I have a list of movies I remember having seen before I started rating.

BillyShears
1938 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

I can’t wait to see your next carefully honed rating after all these threads.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Don't expect anything. My ratings are horribly flawed. (Hence my urge to write these threads.)