A Decade of Criticker

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
BillyShears
1938 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Decade of Criticker

Post by BillyShears »

Major incel elliot vibes

JakeAesthete
0 Ratings

Post by JakeAesthete »

ShogunRua wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 am
A lot of men, as they grow up, realize there is something indelibly effeminate and limp-wristed about modern society compared to older ones.
Only the manliest of dudes in the past:

I'm actually cool with the idea of more guys going out and like, hunting for their food or becoming subsistence farmers or whatever (or you know, you could just join the military, which is what happened to a much larger percentage of surplus men back in the good old Empire-building days). The funny thing is how much the guys who spend the most time whining about masculinity seem to spend an awful lot of their time posting on the internet.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

JakeAesthete wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:12 am
ShogunRua wrote:
This is so funny. It's the equivalent of some provincial redneck from a few decades ago imagining that city folk who listen to rock n' roll must be devil worshippers.
I can't really make heads or tails of this bizarre straw man argument, nor can I be bothered to, just thought I'd drop by to point out that rock 'n' roll was most assuredly invented by "provincial rednecks" ("a few decades ago"... like, the early oughts? The only moral uproar about music I can recall from that era concerned... The Dixie Chicks. What are you even on about?)
I don't know if you're playing dumb to make a point, but there were a lot of backwater preachers who railed about rock n' roll music, sins of the flesh, and other problems of city living from the 50's to 70's. I thought this would be a widely appreciated stereotype here, since there were no shortage of movies and PSA's that depicted this, and mocked and derided such yokels.

Also, rock n' roll, from my understanding, was largely created and pioneered by black Americans. If you're hinting at Elvis Presley (preceded by Chuck Berry, among many others), realize that he was widely condemned and derided by a great many rednecks for, among other things, his "vulgar body movements".
JakeAesthete wrote:Only the manliest of dudes in the past:
I've never understood this boring little meme. To counter a point about the erosion of masculinity, with factual support about plummeting testosterone rates, you post a picture of how the French elite dressed at parties 300-odd years ago, basing it on your stereotype that men who wear make-up and wigs must necessarily be effeminate?

That would be a competent counterargument if I believed in your stereotype (I don't) or if I made any remark about make-up or dress (I didn't).
JakeAesthete wrote:The funny thing is how much the guys who spend the most time whining about masculinity seem to spend an awful lot of their time posting on the internet.
The only person who seems to be whining here is you. Personally, I noted this in passing only to explain PickPocket's interest in the pick-up artist community.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

BillyShears wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm
Major incel elliot vibes
If you're referring to me, I've been with the same woman for 9 years, have one child, and a second arriving soon.

I also don't know how a post that mentions neither women nor dating (which are fundamental to the definition), but rather, a problem with modern men, can give "incel vibes", but that term is as overused now as "bitch" was in the 90's.

BillyShears
1938 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

I wasn't lol

Pickpocket reviews calling everything soy boy beta cucks etc

AFlickering
287 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

ShogunRua wrote:
This is so funny. It's the equivalent of some provincial redneck from a few decades ago imagining that city folk who listen to rock n' roll must be devil worshippers.

As someone who talked to Pickpocket after he left Criticker, I can guarantee you that

1. He didn't have Twitter.
2. He didn't follow Ben Shapiro or remotely like him.
3. He was fairly apolitical.

If you don't believe me, read this post, written 1.5 years after his last review on Criticker;

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2017 ... -channels/

This is not what any standard right-winger, even a super normiecon that likes Ben Shapiro, writes.

Amusingly enough, Pickpocket's descriptor "feigned sense of intellectual superiority" is awfully relevant about a certain boring, milquetoast British dude who claims he can "smell vibes".
this would probably hold more weight if the phrase "Ben Shapiro sums it up better than I ever could" wasn't sitting right there on his profile page.

anyway, i'm glad you're still around at least! wanna grab a beer and arm wrestle sometime?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

AFlickering wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:06 pm
this would probably hold more weight if the phrase "Ben Shapiro sums it up better than I ever could" wasn't sitting right there on his profile page.
Ah, I see. The Suffragette review. In his defense, liking someone's review of a movie is very different than following or being a fan of them. This very website is a fine example; I'm not endorsing someone's life perspective when I star their mini-review.
AFlickering wrote:anyway, i'm glad you're still around at least! wanna grab a beer and arm wrestle sometime?
Only if it's a German or Mexican import. None of that overrated English swill. Also, I have a mean toproll.
BillyShears wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:04 pm
I wasn't lol

Pickpocket reviews calling everything soy boy beta cucks etc
Heh, fair enough.

Velvet Crowe
1137 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

I don't really hate Pickpocket but I really don't buy the idea he was "apolitical" when he made posts like this:

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2017 ... es-stupid/

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2016 ... d-for-all/

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2016 ... is-wealth/

To say posts like these are "apolitical" and aren't at all pro-Trump/Conservative is rather ridiculous.

I do agree with him on Youtube, though. Albeit, in the context of Youtube I feel right-wingers (or at least the anti-SJW crowd) were doing this long before 2016.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Velvet Crowe wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:27 pm
I don't really hate Pickpocket but I really don't buy the idea he was "apolitical" when he made posts like this:

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2017 ... es-stupid/

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2016 ... d-for-all/

https://genesisofman.wordpress.com/2016 ... is-wealth/

To say posts like these are "apolitical" and aren't at all pro-Trump/Conservative is rather ridiculous.

I do agree with him on Youtube, though. Albeit, in the context of Youtube I feel right-wingers (or at least the anti-SJW crowd) were doing this long before 2016.
Well, I didn't read as much of his blog as you apparently have, although funnily enough, I've seen versions of that first link argued by many, many leftists. Get rid of the "MAGA" at the end and that could easily be a post by Michael Moore excoriating the Democrat establishment for underestimating Trump.

The second link is amusing and quaint, since the dominant modern leftist zeitgeist is progressivism, and they hate liberalism. (The chain goes Democracy -> Liberalism -> Progressivism)

As for the third link, yeah, Bernie Sanders is a shameless grifter. He doesn't believe in a glorious Marxist revolution at all. It's just what he tells gullible suckers to garner their support. Give him a few million dollars, several expensive homes, and private chartered flights with lobster and chocolate ganache, and suddenly, like the filthy capitalist running dog he is, Sanders is praising the most well-worn, corrupt Establishment figures that have been running DC for decades, like Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.

I feel genuinely sorry for those who were suckered by such a third-rate conman.

I don't see how calling someone out for grifting (and whose victims were all left-wingers) means they're "pro-Trump/Conservative", unless you're arguing that grifting is a purely left-wing belief? (Which, incidentally, I don't believe; there are TONS of right-wing grifters)

Velvet Crowe
1137 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

ShogunRua wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:46 pm
Well, I didn't read as much of his blog as you apparently have
I read maybe like 4 or 5 of his blog posts? It really isn't hard to find his political articles if you just scroll down and click the "politics" tag.
ShogunRua wrote:

The second link is amusing and quaint, since the dominant modern leftist zeitgeist is progressivism, and they hate liberalism. (The chain goes Democracy -> Liberalism -> Progressivism)
It's very clearly anti-lefitst, regardless of any distinctions you can make with left-wing politics. You can't post something like this:

https://genesisofman.files.wordpress.co ... ture15.png

and act like you're apolitical.
ShogunRua wrote:

As for the third link, yeah, Bernie Sanders is a shameless grifter. He doesn't believe in a glorious Marxist revolution at all. It's just what he tells gullible suckers to garner their support. Give him a few million dollars, several expensive homes, and private chartered flights with lobster and chocolate ganache, and suddenly, like the filthy capitalist running dog he is, Sanders is praising the most well-worn, corrupt Establishment figures that have been running DC for decades, like Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.

I feel genuinely sorry for those who were suckered by such a third-rate conman.

I don't see how calling someone out for grifting (and whose victims were all left-wingers) means they're "pro-Trump/Conservative", unless you're arguing that grifting is a purely left-wing belief? (Which, incidentally, I don't believe; there are TONS of right-wing grifters)
In this context, yes, claiming Bernie is a "con-man" is absolutely a partisan bias. Because the point of the post is to discredit Sanders by claiming he's a liar and by extension asserting that he isn't true to his ideals based on his own nebulous claims about his wealth. He uses this as a basis to claim liberals are scheming, hypocritical liars while in the same breath arguing that Conservatives are more charitable. This doesn't exactly strike me as non-partisan, especially considering what he's written elsewhere. If he claims to not be Conservative, or worse; apolitical, I think he's being extremely dishonest with himself.