The movie with the highest number of rankings you've never seen

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Malcym
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The movie with the highest number of rankings you've never seen

Post by Malcym »

The top ten most ranked films the I haven't seen. I have little to no interest in most of these.

1. Kill Bill: Volume 1
2. Sin City
3. Kill Bill: Volume 2
4. 300
5. Bruce Almighty
6. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
7. Snatch
8. I Am Legend
9. School of Rock
10. Transformers

martryn
148 Ratings

Post by martryn »

itt: People with thousands of rankings that have never seen the LotR trilogy. Hipsters of the movie rating world?

I've got two on the first page.
Catch Me If You Can (as I'm not a huge fan of Leonardo DiCaprio)
I, Robot (as I don't like it when great books are fucking ruined)

Funny enough, I followed a link on Facebook to get here. I didn't realize Facebook was sending out Criticker links.

saudade
24 Ratings

Post by saudade »

martryn wrote:itt: People with thousands of rankings that have never seen the LotR trilogy. Hipsters of the movie rating world?

It took me a long time to get around to it. Trilogies are daunting.

Don't get me started on quadrilogies! Seriously, you cant get me started on one.

mucow
129 Ratings

Post by mucow »

martryn wrote:Funny enough, I followed a link on Facebook to get here. I didn't realize Facebook was sending out Criticker links.

I saw that! I was rather excited to see that they liked my topic enough to post a link on Facebook.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

I decided to take this another step and find out how many pages I had to go to find popular films I haven't ranked that I actually have a strong desire to see.

Page 2 gives me No Country for Old Men which I watched parts of when I was fully entrenched in my gory, wacky awful movie phase (back when Citizen Toxie was my favorite film) and I wasn't prepared to appreciate it then, but I've been wanting to revisit it eventually. It's another one that I frequently touch the spine of at the library, but usually after I already have a stack of movies I'm already going to have to scramble to find the time for.

Page 4 brings Black Hawk Down because I enjoy Ridley Scott.

Then a jump to page 8 with 2 on my Remembered List: Platoon, which I really don't have that strong of a desire for yet it sits on my list anyway, and American Gangster for the same reason as Page 4.

As I finish typing this, I'm realizing that the likelihood is I may see one of these movies in the next year, but it might be 2 to 5 years before I've actually seen all 3. I think because they've sat in the back of my mind for so long that the impulsive twitch that determines what movie I want to watch in the moment has been trained to overlook them.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anomaly
0 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

I have to go to the second page. The first one I haven't ranked is 12 Monkeys, but that's because I've only seen parts of it a long time ago. The next unranked film is Edward Scissorhands, but I'm pretty sure the same situation applies to that one as well. Finally we get to Shrek 2, which is the first film on the list I haven't seen anything of, and don't really have any desire to do so.